PDA

View Full Version : Computer just went blue

beefyboi
13-02-2006, 06:18 PM
hey,

I need some help, I was just unpluging my harddrive from its usb connection enclosed box, and suddenly my computer went blue. At first i thought it was my screen, but no it isnt. I dont think the hdd is the problem, i think its my vidoe card :waughh:

so could someone please help me with my problem. :help: :help:

tell me to provide more info if you want..

thankyou..

Murray P
13-02-2006, 06:48 PM
Operating system, patch/service pack status.

Type and brand/model of hardware.

Type of monitor.

That should get you started.

beefyboi
13-02-2006, 06:55 PM
I dont know much but thhis wot i got:

Intel P4, 2.4 GHz CPU, DDR 400 1gig ram, 6600 gt 256mb vidoe card

Xp pro, service pack 2

simple monitor - ADI microscan.. or somethin

hope this helps

Murray P
14-02-2006, 12:33 AM
Have youn checked all the cables, are they plugged securely into their respective connectors on the back of the computer?

Are you getting any beeps when you first start the computer (you should get one, only). Is there any of the usual information on the screen when you first start the computer/power on? If not, is there anything like "Signal Failure" appearing on the screen or is the LED light on the front of the screen lit green (no video signal will often result in an ornage or red LED)

Do you have access to another screen you can test the computer with?

Are you confident to open up the case and check the graphics card, i.e. is it securely seated in it's slot, does the fan (if it has one) start up when you power on. (often removing the card and replacing it several times can get oxidation, which can prevent electrical contact, off the slot contacts).

Enough for now, see how that goes, but, if you're unsure of something, don't attempt it, get back here and ask questions, ok. :thumbs:

beefyboi
14-02-2006, 12:39 AM
:D thanks alot mate, but i figgured out that my cables werent in prop like 3 hours ago..

thanks neways dude

Murray P
14-02-2006, 12:50 AM
:thumbs: :thumbs: