PDA

View Full Version : [simple] Mouse and Keyboard problems

bmac8903
13-02-2006, 02:37 PM
so, yesterday morning my computer was working fine. yesterday afternoon i downloaded sim city 3000 off of limewire (becuz i could not find the CD-key for my disc). i played the game for an hour or two, then left my computer for a few hours. last night around midnight, i tried to play the game some more, however, it just froze. so i returned to windows and tried to sign onto AIM, but my mouse wasnt working right.

now, when i click and select a desktop icon and then click on the desktop to de-select this icon, it does not de-select. if i click on a different icon, both icons are now selected as if the shift Ctrl key is being held down. if i double click and several icons are selected, they all open. how can i fix this?

my second problem seems too easy: when i open a folder that is in a folder, the new folder opens in a new window. simple problem, right? so i checked in folder options but "open each folder in the same window" is checked. any ideas?

my third problem is even more confusing: my keyboard isnt working! it wont type anything. the different locks (caps, number, scroll) still work (their on/off lights work) and AIM tells me if CAPS lock is on or off. my computer tells me that the keyboard is working just fine (i checked in the control panel). however, if i try to type anything nothing happens. once or twice, when i tried to backspace and delete an internet address, it just typed the little rectange/box thing that shows up in place of a letter the computer does not know. any idea what this means?

i updated norton anti-virus and ran a scan, nothing was found. i also deleted sim city 3000 and sevel other recently downloaded files, but still nothing has happen. i have also rebooted 5 or 6 times with no luck (i am using a different computer right now obviously). how can i fix these problems? they seem so simple, yet i am baffled. any help would be greatly appriciated.

Renmoo
13-02-2006, 03:46 PM
Hello there. Try download AVG Antivirus Free and re-scan your computer for virus. Personally, I wouldn't rely too much on Norton Antivirus for computer virus protection purpose. Also, you didn't mention anything related to firewall. Do you have one (besides Windows Firewall)? Lastly, check your computer for malwares as well via Ad-Aware, Spybot S & D and Microsoft Antispyware. Check out the FAQ for more detail.

Cheers :)

Rob99
13-02-2006, 03:53 PM
Have you tried a second keyboard, or checked your current one is plugged in properly.