PDA

View Full Version : Torrent Files stalled at 99.9% and won't complete

EX-WESTY
09-02-2006, 08:04 PM
Using Bitlord and have been trying to grab the new season of 24 out of the states and 3 episodes have stalled, 2 at 99.9% with only a 256K chunk to complete and the 3rd requires 22Meg to complete.

The trackers appear fine, with seeds, peers and leaches all connected and the health on 1 is 200% yet it won't complete

details as follows for one of the files;

Torrents\24.S05E06.HDTV.XviD-LOL.torrent
info # 4f7a13743b310c04a84c50e3bf1c43acd648eb6b

I have done a manual # check on the files and they appeared to be ok
the download folder shows a number of winrar archive files with one should as bitlord incomplete.
Could I delete the incomplete file and force it to re-download those chunks?

Suggestions please gentlemen

Talon
09-02-2006, 08:18 PM
Using Bitlord and have been trying to grab the new season of 24 out of the states and 3 episodes have stalled, 2 at 99.9% with only a 256K chunk to complete and the 3rd requires 22Meg to complete.

The trackers appear fine, with seeds, peers and leaches all connected and the health on 1 is 200% yet it won't complete

details as follows for one of the files;

Torrents\24.S05E06.HDTV.XviD-LOL.torrent
info # 4f7a13743b310c04a84c50e3bf1c43acd648eb6b

I have done a manual # check on the files and they appeared to be ok
the download folder shows a number of winrar archive files with one should as bitlord incomplete.
Could I delete the incomplete file and force it to re-download those chunks?

Suggestions please gentlemen

try usuing utorrent to get the rest of the files (www.utorrent.com)

i know of some torrent clients that have issues with nod32
antivirus so it might be that as well

Overdrive_5000
09-02-2006, 08:39 PM
I recommend utorrent aswell :thumbs:

Murray P
09-02-2006, 08:54 PM
Azureus, fools, the only one to use is Azureus :thumbs:

The 99.9% isn't an uncommon problem with torrents though. I'll hunt it out.

BTW, what OS, what ISP?

Edit:

Ok, this should be generic to all torrents Why Torrents Stop At 99% (http://azureus.aelitis.com/wiki/index.php/Torrents_stop_at_99_percent) Follow the links if the stop below 99%, eg' 97-98%

Haze
09-02-2006, 09:39 PM
I recommend utorrent aswell :thumbs:
Has worked well on some other computers of mine, but not on the one I'm using at the moment for some reason, so I use BitComet on this one instead.

Used Azureus earlier, but it bogged down the system too much (bloody Java), so I switched.

CYaBro
09-02-2006, 09:40 PM
Another vote here for Azureus :thumbs:
Never had any problems.

Big John
09-02-2006, 10:53 PM
uTorrent all the way. Have had 40 files at once downloading and all complete. Some just take a little longer than others.

Talon
10-02-2006, 02:38 AM
i used to use azur becuase of the features of it, but i could never game smoothly and run it at the same time as i gamed, utorrent is just so much better. think it comes down to BLOODY JAVA!

EX-WESTY
10-02-2006, 07:18 AM
Win XP, Norton 2005, Ihug DSL.

i setup the 1st six episodes of the new season and can't complete episodes 1,5 & 6.

I renamed the offending incomplete rar archive file as a doc and it went away and downloaded the portion again but also stopped at 99.9% again.

One's got to wonder if the seeder stopped seeding at 99.9% but there is a heap of files out there with this tracker so go figure.

Murray P
10-02-2006, 12:50 PM
Router problem?

Talon
10-02-2006, 01:12 PM
dont pirate its illegal!!!!!!

(problem solved?)

CYaBro
10-02-2006, 01:29 PM

(problem solved?)

Why is downloading episodes of a TV series pirating? They are going to be shown, or have been on, TV. If they have released the season / episodes on DVD for sale then I would say it is pirating.

Talon
10-02-2006, 02:33 PM
lets see its getting an illegal copy (since the shows copyright), its stealing because the ads are cut out so they dont make any money from it.

(that said i dont care, and its a good ep, cant wait for the next one "wink")

CYaBro
10-02-2006, 02:55 PM
lets see its getting an illegal copy (since the shows copyright), its stealing because the ads are cut out so they dont make any money from it.

(that said i dont care, and its a good ep, cant wait for the next one "wink")

Everbody who ever records something off TV is then breaking the law??
I never watch the adds while watching TV live or recorded.

Big John
10-02-2006, 04:43 PM

(problem solved?)

So you assume that because people are using P2P they are pirates?

Well you know what assuming does. It makes an ass out of you.

Don't jump to conclusions without all the facts.

Battleneter
10-02-2006, 05:45 PM
I have read a number of threads in the past where Torrents stopping at 99% are related to corruption caused by firewalls often Zonealarm(and other misconfigured firewalls to be fare). If you have a firewall try turning it off for a few torrents (preferably use Sygate or other firewalls that are known not to cause issues with P2P torrents). Your problem may be completely unrelated, but just a thought.

Also downloading TV programs is DEFINATELY pirating. The TV shows rely on Income from television networks, whom in turn rely on money from commercials or fees ie SKY. By downloading you are not paying a fee or watching a commercial (although personally I couldn't care a less), just don't mistake it as legal.

EX-WESTY
10-02-2006, 07:01 PM

EX-WESTY

EX-WESTY
Sorted

Deleted over a Gb of torrents that wouldn't complete :groan: , found a new link and tracker and restarted :thumbs: . Two complete, and the other two will be done in the next hour + i added this weeks episode for good measure. :p

paperman1967
02-10-2007, 07:22 AM
I'm a new member of torrentleech and this is their answer on the subject:
HOW TO - DRIVE DOWNLOADS PAST 99%

when creating a torrent of files within a folder in Windows XP an extra file maybe added to your torrent called:
thumbs.db
this additional file may cause problems with peers getting stuck at 99%.
The solution to this is to either delete this file prior to creating the torrent ~ or disableing the creation of it in the first place.
Ive seen numerous queries regarding this on many different forums ~ usually ~ I'm stuck at 99% or When I try to reseed, my client tells me I only have 99%
So heres the solution :
Stop Windows from saving the thumbnail cache (THUMBS.DB)
Intended For
Windows XP only

Windows XP, by default, shows the thumbnails view of certain folders, whether you want it to or not. Even if you choose Details (or some other view) as your default by going to Tools -> Folder Options -> View tab and click Apply to All Folders, Explorer may still revert back to the clumsy Thumbnails view. It does this for any folder in which it finds the THUMBS.DB file; naturally, if you delete this file, it won't happen again.

The problem is that Windows seems to repeatedly recreate the THUMBS.DB file automatically. Here's how to stop this from happening:

In Explorer, go to Tools -> Folder Options or open the Folder Options icon in the Control Panel.

Choose the View tab, and tick the Do not cache thumbnails option.

Click Ok.

You can also change this setting in the Registry:
Open the Registry Editor (regedit.exe).

Navigate to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\
Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced.

Double-click the DisableThumbnailCache value, or go to Edit -> New -> DWORD value to create a new value by that name.

Enter 1 for its value.

Click Ok and close the Registry Editor when you're done; you'll have to log off and then log back on for this to take effect..

steveroby
02-10-2007, 11:43 AM
Everbody who ever records something off TV is then breaking the law??
I never watch the adds while watching TV live or recorded.

As I remember things........
Copyright infringement isnt necessarily breaking the law.
I think you used to be able to legally record off the TV (to a vid recorder)
in this country, but it still was copyright infringement.
there USED to be a gray area here as it was broadcast free to air so
the law didnt necessarily recognise/enforce full copyright on recording for
later viewing.

george12
02-10-2007, 02:05 PM
I'm a new member of torrentleech and this is their answer on the subject:
HOW TO - DRIVE DOWNLOADS PAST 99%

when creating a torrent of files within a folder in Windows XP an extra file maybe added to your torrent called:
thumbs.db
this additional file may cause problems with peers getting stuck at 99%.
The solution to this is to either delete this file prior to creating the torrent ~ or disableing the creation of it in the first place.
Ive seen numerous queries regarding this on many different forums ~ usually ~ I'm stuck at 99% or When I try to reseed, my client tells me I only have 99%
So heres the solution :
Stop Windows from saving the thumbnail cache (THUMBS.DB)
Intended For
Windows XP only

Windows XP, by default, shows the thumbnails view of certain folders, whether you want it to or not. Even if you choose Details (or some other view) as your default by going to Tools -> Folder Options -> View tab and click Apply to All Folders, Explorer may still revert back to the clumsy Thumbnails view. It does this for any folder in which it finds the THUMBS.DB file; naturally, if you delete this file, it won't happen again.

The problem is that Windows seems to repeatedly recreate the THUMBS.DB file automatically. Here's how to stop this from happening:

In Explorer, go to Tools -> Folder Options or open the Folder Options icon in the Control Panel.

Choose the View tab, and tick the Do not cache thumbnails option.

Click Ok.

You can also change this setting in the Registry:
Open the Registry Editor (regedit.exe).

Navigate to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\
Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced.

Double-click the DisableThumbnailCache value, or go to Edit -> New -> DWORD value to create a new value by that name.

Enter 1 for its value.

Click Ok and close the Registry Editor when you're done; you'll have to log off and then log back on for this to take effect..

9 times out of 10 a torrent that stops at 95+% is a fake put out by the MPAA. Open it up in VLC media player and see what happens. If it's real, it'll play the 99% that IS downloaded. If it's fake it will play static, or only audio.

Ninjabear
02-10-2007, 02:20 PM
I download Tv series however I mainly download Hong Kong dramas because i just find english dramas a bit boring.I even download japanese dramas.My reason is not because I wish to pirate its because there's nothing to watch on tv

steveroby
02-10-2007, 02:28 PM
.....My reason is not because I wish to pirate its because there's nothing to watch on tv

I agree.
I paid $60 a month to SkyTV & then had to wait up to 1 year before they showed the latest release of popular TV shows.

george12
02-10-2007, 02:52 PM
I do it with my favourite shows because I can stay a season ahead of NZ TV, in great quality with no ads.

qazwsxokmijn
02-10-2007, 03:03 PM
So do I, I just download my favourite shows like Lost, Jericho and 24, making me weeks ahead on NZ.

Besides, I still watch those episodes over when they're aired on NZ TV.

beeswax34
02-10-2007, 08:26 PM
I wish I could use torrents:(