PDA

View Full Version : VAX347b.sys?

daf
06-02-2006, 12:19 PM
Ok, ive been trying to fix this for 2 months and I swear i am on the verge of strapping 3 lbs of c4 to my pc and saying good bye. this problem started one day, I was playing Call of duty and all of a sudden the screen went blue... not a bsod, just blue. I restarted it and it just kept restarting. So I figured it was over heating. Came back 3 hours later and it kept restarting. So I tested almost every single part of my PC part by part. Its not the ram, its not the HD, its not anything, so I boot it up in safe mode and before it gets done it says it has trouble finding some file called VAX347b.sys. I would remove it, but my pc keep restarting even before I can log in. HELP ME!!!!

Speedy Gonzales
06-02-2006, 12:27 PM
It looks like this file may belong to Alcohol 120%. Is this installed?

Can u boot into safe mode? If u can uninstall Alcohol 120% if u have it.

avenged
27-02-2006, 04:29 PM
I had the same problem. I was on the web and my computer just re-started out of nowhere. When i rebooted, it kept restarting before Windows even started loading. Safe mode did the same thing as you expained. vax347b.sys had a problem loading. I was messing around inside my computer and I retarted it after making no changes. (I took out a hardrive and put it back) My computer then somehow booted normally. I cant explain how it rebooted ok. I had alcohol 120% installed on my computer so I uninstalled it. Havent had a problem since. I'm not sure what you need to do to get your computer running but I hope I at least helped a little!