PDA

View Full Version : compaq mv720 monitor

loftyboyd
05-02-2006, 04:56 PM
Gave son whole comp and momitor has been going well Today monitor switches on..green light then after a few seconds turns amber.Screen blank does anyone know how to get it out of sleep mode ta :badpc:

sweetinnocence
05-02-2006, 05:26 PM
turn off the PC, unplug the cable connected to monitor from PC, check if there is somewhere else that you can plug monitor cable in, because some computers have onboard graphics which has been upgraded by adding a dedicated graphics card giving two places it can be connected, only one will work.

The other thing is when computers are moved, sometimes the graphics card comes loose esp. if it wasn't seated correctly to begin with.

loftyboyd
05-02-2006, 05:45 PM
Thks will try that in morning when I go around :thumbs:

sweetinnocence
05-02-2006, 05:57 PM
k, i hope that works for you ... else you'll need to get a tech to look at it. If you can find a mobile IT Tech to look at it, all the better :-) I provide a mobile service myself, cos i know what an inconvenience it is to unplug it and take into a repair shop, to have to take time off work to drop off/pick up the thing up. There are heaps of advantanges with using a mobile technicians, like one on one service.

All the best anyway