PDA

View Full Version : PF1 Problem

Poppa John
27-01-2006, 04:27 PM
Recently I downloaded Spamfighter & NOD32 Trial. Since then I have not been able to Post on PF1 (There are some who would say 'good job too" . To you a "Raspberry" so there). I did E-Mail Bruce B & he suggested disabling both of those programs. & Actually deleted them thro Add/Remove. Miraculously here I am again, (Did I hear groans?).
Soo. the question is ...Why did one or other program stop me Posting? Everything else works OK, just PF1. Any ideas. Please. PJ :badpc: :badpc:

Scouse
27-01-2006, 04:36 PM
Hi PJ. Always a problem when you make two substantial changes and a fault develops..... which one caused it? I would re-install one or the other just out of curiosity. Interesting though.

CYaBro
27-01-2006, 04:41 PM
Have you tried one program at a time?

Poppa John
27-01-2006, 04:45 PM
Not yet. Thought I would ask the question first. PJ

Graham L
27-01-2006, 05:16 PM
So it wasn't a PF1 problem, it was a PJ1 problem.

I saw a posting with your name on it earlier. The title was "test" and it contained only "test". I suppose that was Bruce trying to see if there was a problem at the site end. It disappeared before I could answer "testes to you too." ;)

Poppa John
27-01-2006, 05:24 PM
So it wasn't a PF1 problem, it was a PJ1 problem.

I saw a posting with your name on it earlier. The title was "test" and it contained only "test". I suppose that was Bruce trying to see if there was a problem at the site end. It disappeared before I could answer "testes to you too." ;)

GL Yup PJ

Overdrive_5000
27-01-2006, 05:32 PM
On the subject of Nod32 trial I installed that last week and it stopped me from playing guild wars so i got rid of it and went back to avg.

:2cents:

Poppa John
27-01-2006, 05:40 PM
On the subject of Nod32 trial I installed that last week and it stopped me from playing guild wars so i got rid of it and went back to avg.

:2cents:

Thanks for that. I will put spamfighter back & see what happens, later. PJ.

pctek
27-01-2006, 08:24 PM
Weird. Well I have NOD32 and don't have a problem posting.

Renmoo
27-01-2006, 10:53 PM
Any error message prior sending posts in PF1?

Cheers :)

mark c
28-01-2006, 07:43 AM
Any error message prior sending posts in PF1?

Cheers :)

Error: Line 1 Missing Article

Poppa John
30-01-2006, 09:23 AM
Recently I downloaded Spamfighter & NOD32 Trial. Since then I have not been able to Post on PF1 (There are some who would say 'good job too" . To you a "Raspberry" so there). I did E-Mail Bruce B & he suggested disabling both of those programs. & Actually deleted them thro Add/Remove. Miraculously here I am again, (Did I hear groans?).
Soo. the question is ...Why did one or other program stop me Posting? Everything else works OK, just PF1. Any ideas. Please. PJ :badpc: :badpc:

I re-loaded Spamfighter & all is well. I won't bother with NOD32.

Thanks for your help. PJ