PDA

View Full Version : nasty virus

brandysson
27-01-2006, 09:20 AM
Hello There,
Just thought I would let you Know that when I downloaded an update for Inter/video it came back with a virus that traced every key stroke on my Keyboard.etc
I only found out by running a spywear programme I do not use often called Steganos, but Microsoft,Spybot,and A.Adware did not pick it up and they are usually very good.

Has any one else had this problem?

Regards

pixeldust
27-01-2006, 09:27 AM
Anti spyware programs don't always detect viruses - after all, they are for Spyware detection, not Virus detection. If you think you may have a virus, you need to be using a virus scanner such as AVG, instead of relying on anti-spyware programs to pick them up.

tweak'e
27-01-2006, 11:27 AM
i doubt very much you got it from an offical update, however if you got it from a warez site it proberly serves you right.

edit: naturally you need to fix your antivirus and i hope you didn't let the keylogger through your firewall. it would be a wise idea to change ALL passwords includeing any online accounts (bank, paypall, trademe etc)

brandysson
27-01-2006, 09:50 PM
thanks guys
I did get rid of the thing.
and I have,
avg
microsoft
adware
spybot
and steganos I run these everyday That how I picked up the virus by using Steganos virus killer lol
What is a warez site ?

Thanks for your help.