PDA

View Full Version : Quick simple question...

Naruto28
27-01-2006, 09:05 AM
hi,

can someone just tell me, that some programs in the add/remove programs have : (Remove Only) , next to them. Wat does this mean?

Thanks

pixeldust
27-01-2006, 09:19 AM
It means that you only have the option to remove the program through add/remove programs, you can't load new features or change the installation in any way.

MS Office, for example, should have a Change option beside it, which you can use to enable additional features from your Office CD, rather than having to reinstall the entire program or suite.

Naruto28
27-01-2006, 09:28 AM
So, if, lets just take CCleaner (Remove Only) for example. If I uninstall that, will it be completely uninstalled as if I was uninstalling MSN Messenger?

Thanks again =)

pixeldust
27-01-2006, 09:32 AM
Theoretically yes. Chances are there will still be traces of it on your machine, because Windows rarely seems to do a good job of cleaning up after itself. You'll no doubt end up with pointless registry entries etc, but they're not going to do any harm.

mark c
27-01-2006, 10:27 AM
And if your Registry gets bloated with redundant entries you can run a reg cleaner. I think Spybot S&D even has a reg clean up facility.

FoxyMX
27-01-2006, 11:27 AM
I think Spybot S&D even has a reg clean up facility.
It does? I had better have a closer look at Spybot next time I run it.