PDA

View Full Version : Printing Bookmarks in Firefox

matty3
20-01-2006, 02:00 PM
Is there any way to print bookmarks in Firefox?

Eg. The Title of the bookmark and the address?

~Matt :-)

Greg
20-01-2006, 02:16 PM
Go to this thread (http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/showthread.php?t=64946) to find where your bookmark folder is. Open the html file by double clicking it. This will open it in your browser. Then use your browser's print function, or copy and paste the ones you want into a text editor and print from there.

You may need to play around a bit to get both the title and the address to show up, but it shouldn't be difficult.

[edit] actually it looks a bit more problematic than I first thought. But here's how I'd do it. Open the bookmarks.html as described, select View, Page source. Copy all the content of that page, and then using a really good text editor, like the excellent and free Notetab, paste content into a new document. Then use Notetab's function to strip all the html tags. Voila, you now have your complete list of both url's and titles.

matty3
20-01-2006, 10:42 PM
Hello

Thankyou for your time and advice. Where do you get NoteTab from? I'll try to google it in the meantime. I tried what was on the other thread that you linked to but it wouldn't work but then I was experimenting and I exported the bookmarks and now I can just go into NoteTab and then I'll have it!!!!!

Thankyou,

matty3
23-01-2006, 02:12 PM
Umm I downloaded NoteTab Lite but I can't get the HTML code off in it. How do I do that?