PDA

View Full Version : Installing Vista Hosed My Rig

Mirddes
16-01-2006, 07:00 PM
half way though installing vista december CTP build 5270 it comes up with an error [8007045D] and eventually crashes.

my other thread has more info on this but this is kinda out of the scope of the orignal question.
if any mods have a problem with this please merg this with my other thread, otherwise, i really need help.
my beloved rig is dead!

pctek
16-01-2006, 07:35 PM
Give up. Your PC is not dead - it has a software problem. Why not wait until the official release anyway, you can only expect problems beforehand. Or should I say more problems.
Install XP.

kingdragonfly
17-01-2006, 09:49 AM
I've been using Microsoft products professionally since DOS 1.0. One things I've learned: avoid Microsoft beta operating systems, unless one of the following applies:

* you're being paid for the aggravation
* you have no social life, and nothing good's on TV.

I know this seems harsh, but why do Microsoft's work for them?

If Microsoft's *pays* you to test their programs, and identify the bugs, then more power to 'em.

If Microsoft wants you to find and report bugs for free, then @*#@ 'em.

They are truly a immoral corporation, who has taken over most of the software business. Is this truly a company you want to help further dominate the market?

Mirddes
17-01-2006, 03:54 PM
well ive put XP pro on and i think ill leave vista alone till vista RC1 or RC2 come out.

i have no life and reality tv blows

mejobloggs
17-01-2006, 05:17 PM
i have no life and reality tv blows Hey! You live in christchurch. Grab a mountain bike and go to Bottle Lake! Great fun :D

Don't think I will be going to Vista for a long time.

stu161204
17-01-2006, 07:43 PM
Don't think I will be going to Vista for a long time.

Your not the only one...