PDA

View Full Version : Quality LCD screens available for graphics work yet?

braindead
14-01-2006, 02:02 AM
Just wondering if anyone here is using an LCD screen for commercial quality Photoshop work for example. A few years ago the answer was no, but has the LCD scene changed?

Thanks.

plod
14-01-2006, 07:39 AM
Although I haven't used one the Apple cinema displays are meant to be very good as well as the large dells

maccrazy
14-01-2006, 11:27 AM
I guess you would need to confirm with someone in the industry but I think LCDs would be fine as long as you don't buy a cheap one.

Shortcircuit
14-01-2006, 12:39 PM
I'm over 'graphics pros' that say LCD's are no good... it's about the same as saying only Mac G5/G7 or whatever can be used for 'serious' graphics work... pure snobbery.

But still, if people want to fry their brains out in front of a CRT I say go for it :D

The newer LCDs are great and the more expensive ones generally better contrast/colour etc. Just make sure you get one that has a good set-up menu for colour temp etc. Also if you can, get an Nvidea card as they have very good display set-up program for colour/contrast/gamma etc.

Chemical Ali
16-01-2006, 03:51 PM
The large Dell (widescreen) LCDs are meant to be very good and are getting a fair number of rave reviews