PDA

View Full Version : Using Outlook calender at home

asdex
11-01-2006, 08:06 AM
Hi, I use my calender in Outlook alot at work but would like to save it and be able to refer back to it at home a bit like a diary. I don't use Outlook at home (Thunderbird) so is there any way or any viewer to look at it outside of Outlook? Also, how would I save or export it?
Thanks,
asdex

manu
11-01-2006, 01:25 PM
The only practical (!) option is to export your Calendar 'folder' into Excel, Access or (horrors) CSV.
I'm not aware of any t/p viewers for OL calendar.
Microslosh want to make you buy another copy of OL :)
Go to File|Import Export|Export to file|file type|folder

That said, Thunderbird might have some add-ons/extensions which might have an import facility.

pixeldust
11-01-2006, 01:34 PM
I take it printing a hard copy isn't an option?

Graham L
11-01-2006, 01:52 PM
I take it printing a hard copy isn't an option?

You could paste that into a book. Like a diary :D

pixeldust
11-01-2006, 03:45 PM
You could paste that into a book. Like a diary :D

Exactly. I tried the CSV/XLS options on my Outlook here at work, at they're bloody ugly, as well as near impossible to decipher. I'd think printing a copy, or at the least printing to PDF, would be an easier option, unless they need to edit/copy the data in their appointments?

qyiet
11-01-2006, 04:19 PM
Surely a cheap PDA or one of the better cellphones in the answer here, you sync it at work, then you have your diary wherever you go, not just tied to a PC.

PDAs have good sync tools, (cellphones are getting better slowly), you don't have to muck about with CSV import/exports and life is good.

They arn't *dirt* cheap yet, but $200 for one of the budget palm devices would be money well spent in my opinion. ... correction after looking at DSE's website.. they *are* dirt cheap (http://www.dse.co.nz/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/43c4778b0613fed2273fc0a87f990756/Product/View/V6088P) $99 even.

I'm biased though, I've loved PDAs forever, I lost count of the PDAs I've owned. I know it stands at more than 7.

-Qyiet