PDA

View Full Version : File Sharing Progams

koolme2
10-01-2006, 08:45 AM
I had Safe-Share 3.0 for some while now. Suddenly it won't alow my ports to work to grab music etc.
So i downloaded it again & find its the same version which i had to pay for again. Very anoying!!
Anyway the ports needed for safe-share are: Tcp 6346, 1215-1216, 59049, 59050-59055.

But in my Zone Alarm Pro 4.5 I allowed udp as well but stil won't work.

The bumbest thing i read in thier help file is if fails to turn off firewall. Thats the dumbest thing i ever heard. You NVER turn firewal OFF. Especialy if on broadband as i am.
Any help or another ad free or spy free prog too use?

Rob99
10-01-2006, 09:53 AM
What OS?

If XP ditch zone alarm and use the windows firewall, see if its any better.

What type on modem/router do you have?

Speedy Gonzales
10-01-2006, 09:57 AM
I wouldnt use P2P programs fullstop. Especially with broadband.

Its the easiest way to get trojans/worms/viruses.

i-gordon
10-01-2006, 11:06 AM
Zone Alarm hates P2P. Use another firewall. Sygate works good with port forwarding. Are you using a ADSL NAT Router? If not you should be with P2P. I use EMule for file sharing, no virusus, trojans, or spyware in 3 years. Its not easy to set up but I can help you by email if you need it.
Ian

koolme2
10-01-2006, 11:31 AM
What OS?

Hi, Use XP pro, Router is Dynalink RTa300 4 port. Ok mi'll try Sygate.

koolme2
10-01-2006, 11:34 AM
Zone Alarm hates P2P. Use another firewall. Sygate works good with port forwarding. Are you using a ADSL NAT Router? If not you should be with P2P. I use EMule for file sharing, no virusus, trojans, or spyware in 3 years. Its not easy to set up but I can help you by email if you need it.
Ian
Thanks . E-mule? Not spy ware & adaware is it?

Glad if step me through it for me. I'll try Sygate first & see iff that works.

pctek
10-01-2006, 11:39 AM
You guys slagging Zone Alarm - you might note he was previously using it successfully with Zone Alarm.
I'd help but P2P is not something I've played with.
Bit of a cop out suddgesting ditching his firewall that WORKED before.

gibler
10-01-2006, 11:56 AM
Is port forwarding setup on the router there?

i-gordon
10-01-2006, 12:24 PM

No nastys in EMule. Clean as.

The EMule FAQ reports that many users are having problems with Zone Alarm.
Later versions of ZA may have fixed this but I doubt it. Its quite possible that when your Safe Share was working before it might not have been up to its full capacity. The point being. If one P2P program has problems with ZA then its on the cards that others will too. My 10c worth.
Ian

Prescott
10-01-2006, 01:02 PM
rofl, you payed for a p2p app? :groan:

DC++ is the best P2P

Rob99
10-01-2006, 01:23 PM
rofl, you payed for a p2p app? :groan:

DC++ is the best P2Prev connect

CYaBro
10-01-2006, 01:39 PM
Azureus!

Prescott
10-01-2006, 05:15 PM
rev connect

hmm just had a look at their website, and the progam is basicly the same as ICEDC++ client.

Might just try it out though.

Brian B
10-01-2006, 05:42 PM
koolme2.
Have you uninstalled/removed SafeShare? PestPatrol.com list this p2p as a pest, and has instructions for the complete removal of it from your system.
http://www.pestpatrol.com/zks/pestinfo/s/safeshare.asp

HTH

pctek
10-01-2006, 06:46 PM
koolme2.
Have you uninstalled/removed SafeShare? PestPatrol.com list this p2p as a pest, and has instructions for the complete removal of it from your system.
http://www.pestpatrol.com/zks/pestinfo/s/safeshare.asp

HTH
This doesn't:
http://www3.ca.com/securityadvisor/pest/search.aspx?mode=tmc&pst=safeshare&allwords=true&nameonly=false&type=0

Technically they are all bad - the mere fact that you have to open ho;les in your firewall and get files from someone elses dodgy PC...

Battleneter
10-01-2006, 08:08 PM
You guys slagging Zone Alarm - you might note he was previously using it successfully with Zone Alarm.
I'd help but P2P is not something I've played with.
Bit of a cop out suddgesting ditching his firewall that WORKED before.

They are slagging Zone Alarm because it sucks and they are right. It does not port forward properly with many P2P programs. Its a well known issue in P2P forums.

As I have tested this AGAIN recently myself with the latest version (as of several months back) , I can confirm ZA still does not port forward properly, where other firewalls are fine.

I guess for basic users ZA is fine, but for advanced users its kinda crap. If you P2P loose ZA and getting something better like Sygate or others.

Battleneter
10-01-2006, 08:19 PM
rev connect

Word!

Dam double posters!!

If you have used Revconnect in good international hubs anything else like Emule or public torrents seem pathetic (with the exception of pay newsgroups perhaps),

For those that don't know what this is, its a multisource (download a file from multiple users) version of DC++ that won't get you banned from hub, fills your pipe capacity in minutes.

Agent_24
11-01-2006, 12:11 AM
if you pay for P2P software your ripping yourself off. half the time someone has just got a free program and rebadged it and sold it to you.
and half the other time its a crap program (crap quality/spyware etc)

DC++ is great (especially. mult-source like revconnect), Cabos is good (free non-adware/system hog limewire style program), and the bittorrent network (bitcomet is my favourite client, since azureus hates me for some reason).

koolme2
11-01-2006, 12:27 PM

FIxed Guys via this link....http://www.leeindy.com/firewall_zonealarm-1.shtml

Seams to work too1

koolme2
11-01-2006, 12:30 PM
What OS?

All fixed via this....http://www.leeindy.com/firewall_zonealarm-1.shtml

koolme2
11-01-2006, 12:32 PM
Is port forwarding setup on the router there?
All fixed via this link...Thanks!! http://www.leeindy.com/firewall_zonealarm-1.shtml