PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed for DV cam footage

Tukapa
09-01-2006, 07:56 PM
Hi all

I have a ten minute clip recorded on a DV video camera. It is 2.3GB in size.

I want to be able to upload this file to the web for viewing but it has to be less than 15MB. Can I compress this down to this size or would the resulting quality be crap?

Wouls I be better off to split the original clip into five parts and upload them separately at 15MB each.

I would be interested to hear your opinions.

Also if someone can suggest some good software which would enable me to do this I would be very grateful!!!

Cheers.

Metla
09-01-2006, 08:00 PM
Auto-Guardian Knot.

Its free, simple and you can specify how big you want the final file size to be.

Personally I would try to reduce it down to two 15mb files.

somebody
09-01-2006, 08:00 PM
Windows Media Encoder 9 will be able to quite heavily compress the video down to reasonable sizes. I don't think you'll be able to get down to 15MB at reasonable quality though - probably closer to 70MB or so.

Metla
09-01-2006, 08:07 PM
http://www.videohelp.com/tools?tool=AutoGK

Sorted.

Trust me.

Tukapa
09-01-2006, 08:11 PM
Thanks all

Cheers for that link Metla. Off to check it out now.

And I do trust that it is now sorted

:)

Metla
09-01-2006, 09:26 PM
Alrighty, But take into account you will need to halve the resolution to match the compression, If you rip out all the detail and then have it playback at near fullscreen it will look terrible.

Anyhow, just ask if their in anything you need to know, Select 352 lines, mp3 for audio and assign your expected output size, In my experience it comes out a couple of MB smaller then what I asked for....