PDA

View Full Version : problem with my printer (hp 610c)

yanne
06-01-2006, 09:53 PM
Well, my problem is...... my printer is very noisy when I inserting paper and after printing...and then when i was trying to selftest printing, the output whould be;" there is a paper mismatch" what should i do?

godfather
06-01-2006, 09:58 PM
One common fix for older printers such as this is to lightly oil the printer carriage bar (that the inkhead travels back and forward on)

If they get dry and stick, they make a lot of noise and give odd errors.

Only needs a single drop or 2 of oil (one person even used cooking oil, which worked but I would recommend 3-in-1 or similar).

yanne
06-01-2006, 10:01 PM
Well, my problem is...... my printer is very noisy when I inserting paper and after printing...and then when i was trying to selftest printing, the output whould be;" there is a paper mismatch" what should i do?

yanne
06-01-2006, 10:06 PM
how about when I try to selftest printing on the priter itself the output is there is paper mismatch, which the output should the hp program on the printer?

yanne
06-01-2006, 10:09 PM
One common fix for older printers such as this is to lightly oil the printer carriage bar (that the inkhead travels back and forward on)

If they get dry and stick, they make a lot of noise and give odd errors.

Only needs a single drop or 2 of oil (one person even used cooking oil, which worked but I would recommend 3-in-1 or similar).
Actually, I already apply oil on my printer but still the problem exist.

godfather
06-01-2006, 10:11 PM
If the carriage cannot move correctly it cannot sense the paper size.
We understand the error message you get, you have repeated it 3 times.

At least try my suggestion, it will cost you nothing but a few drops of oil and a tissue to wipe the bar?

godfather
06-01-2006, 10:14 PM
Actually, I already apply oil on my printer but still the problem exist.

OK, then you have to assume a hardware failure in the printer may be the cause.

The printer is quite old in printer terms, at ~6 years or so.

Agent_24
06-01-2006, 10:44 PM
make sure in your printer settings you have chosen the same type of paper that you have put in the printer.

most HP printers and some others default to 'Legal' size paper when you re-install drivers/install for the first time/change ports etc.

Therefore, if you have A4 paper in, it will not print.

Some printers are just generally noisy and it is not a problem, unless you have not heard this noise before.

beama
06-01-2006, 11:35 PM
just to add to want Agent and Godfather has said.
Check the type of paper. HP printers autosense the paper type ie you are using photo paper but the driver is set to normal paper. This also causes this error message

godfather
07-01-2006, 10:12 AM
how about when I try to selftest printing on the priter itself the output is there is paper mismatch, which the output should the hp program on the printer?

However beama, if I can translate this above it "appears" to say that the problem exists in self-test mode, where no drivers are present or needed?

But then again I may not be translating it very well ...

beama
07-01-2006, 10:40 AM
Thx for the translation Godfather :D
If I remember correctly the self test page for this model of HP is printed using the printer utilty software therefore may be driver driven (not printed using a power on and paper feed botton key press for example)