PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Monitors

Tony S.
06-01-2006, 07:21 AM
Happy New Year members!
I am trying to set up multiple monitors for my flight simulator. I am running
Win XP with a Gforce FX 2500 video card, 2.4 gig cpu, 512 mg ram.
I have two monitors plugged into the video card via a DSE splitter, but I can only get the same pic on each monitor, as the mutliple monitor function in the display panel is non existent. Please has anyone any ideas on how to restore this function?
Cheers all.

FoxyMX
06-01-2006, 08:07 AM
Silly question: do you have all the video drivers installed?

The_End_Of_Reality
06-01-2006, 08:12 AM
Does that graphics card support multiple monitors?

Tony S.
06-01-2006, 08:55 AM
yes, all drivers have been updated, and a Gforce 5200 is supposed to support multi monitors

bartsdadhomer
06-01-2006, 08:55 AM
Do you mean a Gforce FX 5200?

godfather
06-01-2006, 09:20 AM
Two get dual independent displays requires the use of both output ports (DVI and VGA) on the card, not by the use of one with a "splitter" for both screens.

Unless by the term "splitter" you refer to a DVI-VGA Adapter?

Speedy Gonzales
06-01-2006, 09:22 AM
Right mouse on the desktop, / properties / advanced / click on Geforce FX 5200 tab (or whatever shows here).

Then full screen video. Depending on how you've connected the other monitor (or TV - either with an RCA or s-video plug), change full screen device to secondary display. I think its different, if you're using a s-video cable.

If you do have a Geforce FX 5200, I'm using the same card. Its only got an RCA/s-video out on it.

I've plugged mine into a TV's RCA socket input, and selected the above (full screen - to secondary display), to view whatever on the TV, and Windows on the PC monitor.

Tony S.
06-01-2006, 09:44 AM
Thanks guys, it is a Geforce FX 5200 card, but the full screen video mirroring button is greyed out, so still no joy

Speedy Gonzales
06-01-2006, 09:51 AM
Thanks guys, it is a Geforce FX 5200 card, but the full screen video mirroring button is greyed out, so still no joy

What are you trying to connect it to?? A TV?

And are you using the RCA, or s-video output?

Can you change full screen device to secondary display tho??

Billy T
06-01-2006, 03:17 PM
The only DSE video splitter I have seen is a VGA Y adapter to drive two monitors off one video card. It will display the same image on both monitors.

Unless you have separate outputs from your video card as mentioned in a previous post, you are not going to get what you are looking for. Think about it.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)