PDA

View Full Version : Viewing Avi files on dvd player

Morgenmuffel
05-01-2006, 09:12 PM
Greetings

My problem is this

I have a number of AVI files, and would like to view them on the TV, currently I am running them through my laptops svideo port to the tv, but the colour is terrible it is really washed out and no amount of tweaking seems to improve it
(colour is fine on laptop screen though)

Is there a way i could write these files to DVD so that i can watch them on my dvd player (which desn't like avi files) without having to go through the laptop and preferably some sort of menu system so i can write multiple files to the dvd and select the ones I wish to view

Cheers

Speedy Gonzales
05-01-2006, 09:14 PM
Nerovision / part of Nero will convert AVI to DVD format.

And let you add menus to it.

Chilling_Silence
05-01-2006, 10:42 PM
Bear in mind you will be converting what is most likely a well-compressed mpeg4 file into something more standards-compliant mpeg2 format file which will take up a lot more room.

NeroRecode does this also, as does Avi2Dvd (Which uses mencoder to do some of its magic i believe).

Ive recently been using ToVid myself, but Im not sure how applicable that will be fore you ;)

Chill.

bartsdadhomer
06-01-2006, 07:41 AM
www.winavi.com
one of the best there is

taxboy4
06-01-2006, 10:35 AM
I use vso divx to DVD and then nerovision to burn to dvd

very good software

also many dvd players now have Divx support.

I picked up a $100 from radfords and i simply copy the avi to a normal dvd and it plays fine as a avi

Peterj116
06-01-2006, 11:07 AM
Use DVD Santa.

Works great.
No menu system, though, but I think it automatically inserts chapters every 5 minutes.

http://www.dvdsanta.com