PDA

View Full Version : PC DVD FEAR

boing
05-01-2006, 04:52 PM
I am having a problem loading the FEAR demo from the latest PC world DVD... though I don't care about the game really... it says "a security module cannot be activated this program cannot be exicuted" what the? I have shut down antivirus and ZA firewall and all that... why can't PC's work... sure there is less to choose on for my mac but at least it all works... bah humbug... PS happy festive to all

Battleneter
05-01-2006, 05:09 PM
You are on a administrator account that has rights to install software?

Otherwise what are your rough system specs, CPU , RAM and video?

Actually uninstall ZA, that hunk of junk may still be blocking a required port even if shutdown (seen this in the past), may not be the cause but worth a try.

gibler
05-01-2006, 05:12 PM
copy protection crud.. read this (http://support2.vugames.com/vug/answer.aspx?ID=7337)

pctek
05-01-2006, 07:10 PM
Actually uninstall ZA, that hunk of junk may still be blocking a required port even if shutdown (seen this in the past), may not be the cause but worth a try.
I have ZA. I loaded the demo. Loaded the game too.Never had a problem with ZA with anything.
The game and demo uses Securom 7 so any virtual drive stuff or the like may upset it.
Personally I wouldn't install the demo as it came with some tricky to remove hidden files. Don't know that it can really be defined as malware but it certainly resembled it.
The game however was free of it.

boing
06-01-2006, 02:44 PM
IIt is a home PC and 1.6g pentium... 80g hd 9800 pro graphics and I have admin rights...

Thanks heaps for the info... I have got Alcohol 120% and Anti Blacxx on so as not to keep loading my BF2 cd all the time... it must be the problem... so problem solved

I retract the bah humbug

cheers