PDA

View Full Version : Tweakui problem

sarum
02-01-2006, 08:37 PM
Hi there. I've tried a number of times to download Tweakui. I get tweakui.exe, and unzip that into Tweak File and get:- files cnt..cpl..GID..hlp.. and inf. But when I right click on tweak.inf and then click on 'instrall'; it says "unable to find Tweak.cnt".
Clicking on the 'skip file' leads to it saying that it is unable to find the next file; and so on. I've downloaded from a number of scourses including Microsoft. Can anyone help me please. Thanks Sarum

Speedy Gonzales
02-01-2006, 09:07 PM
Dont u just unzip it, chuck it in its own folder and run tweakui.exe to run it?

tweak'e
02-01-2006, 09:12 PM
don't think its a downloading problem.

unsip it to a proper folder, not just open it in winzip winrar etc. if you still get the "unable to find..." then it often gives you a menu so you go find the file yourself, simply go point it to the location.

BTW what OS ?

sarum
02-01-2006, 10:03 PM
Thanks for your replies.
I'm on WindowsME; and Speedy, can you be a bit more specific please.
My thanks to you both - sarum

Speedy Gonzales
02-01-2006, 10:04 PM
Well unzip it and run tweakui.exe.

tweak'e
02-01-2006, 10:07 PM
nah. unzip the tweakui.exe, much easier than mucking around running it.

zqwerty
02-01-2006, 11:59 PM
Right click the zipped tweakui folder/go though the offered options until you get "unzip to here" or to a named folder. Once the new folder has appeared double left click on tweakui.exe to instal I think.

drcspy
03-01-2006, 06:05 AM
no you are going about it the right way but tweakui has/had this confusing way of being installed.......bad programming ......anyway.....when it says 'cant find'......DONT clik 'skip'......point it towards the folder you have unzipped it from.......very simple really

sarum
03-01-2006, 07:12 PM
My thanks to all of you. I did a search for Tweak and from the search results, right clicked the exe file; then click on 'install'...............and it worked. Not too sure which one of you lead me to that path. But anyway, my thanks to all of you for your help.
Sarum