PDA

View Full Version : Mic Problem

Jihad
31-12-2005, 08:41 AM
I have a mic pulged into my pc... it dose not work on Team Speack, a chat probram i use, unles i have it un-muted in my valume thing so that i here every thing i say through my headphones... my quetion is is that on the other pc i dont need it like that... is there some thing i cand do to fix that?

SurferJoe46
31-12-2005, 09:24 AM
If you're running 2000 or XP try this: (don't know ME or 98 very well)

Click on START>>PROGRAMS>>ACCESSORIES>>ENTERTAINMENT>>SOUND RECORDER, and try your setting there to see if everything is working there first....this'll tell you if the card and mike and program are ok. If so, try the same on the other puter and check them both out for inconsistancies first.

Some things are so basic that they get overlooked.

Jihad
31-12-2005, 09:42 AM
ok well looken at that there is one thing difrent int the Recordin Control the mic is checked... bu on this one it wont stay checked.... i am on Win XP Pro if that makes a difrens

SurferJoe46
31-12-2005, 10:16 AM
Do you mean that the mike is muted?

I am trying to remember why this is....(I am very old and getting older) ...thinking "conflict" here....hmmmmmmmm.......anyone else?

Jihad
01-01-2006, 10:11 AM
ya but what i dont get is y it mutes when u have it muted in the valume control were it makes it so u can heir it in ur own spekers

SurferJoe46
01-01-2006, 10:16 AM
There's another default somewhere that is over-riding the mute button...have a look around any/all other audio devices you might have installed...I am sure there's a conflict in purposes there somewhere.