PDA

View Full Version : Paradise Email - OMG

chuckee
29-12-2005, 12:00 PM
Hey,
I am just writing to report that Paradise email has not been functioning correctly for 3 days now. I know that I should have received numerous emails 3 days ago that still have not arrived. This problem is so big that it was even reported on National Radio, and on stuff.co.nz. TelstraClear don't seem to care one bit about this problem. I say this for three main reasons:
1) it has been such an incredibly long time and there is no resolution in sight.
2) when trying to ring their 'technical assistance' helpline, one is simply put through to an automated message that says, cryptically, "test message extra new port 58"! Quite incredible.
3) Paradise's website is just so self-defacing (not) - it reports the following: "Some Paradise users may be experiencing some mail delays."
The first time this error was actually condeded was 24 hours after it started. The last update given on the site is over 24 hours ago. Paradise customers are absolutely clueless right now as to when they might be able to access their vitally important emails (if ever). In addition, this error is not classified as a 'major problem' by Paradise (they say this on their own website), hence us customers can only assume that less than 100% effort is being put in to fix this seemingly minor problem to them.

Why don't I switch my email address away from Paradise you may ask. The reason is that hundreds of companies and individuals use this email address to contact me. Informing all of them, changing my email address with countless organisations (many of whom I will have forgotten about), would take a heck of a long time.

How come I am the only person on this forum who seems to have written anything about this?
Cheers

bartsdadhomer
29-12-2005, 12:09 PM
How come I am the only person on this forum who seems to have written anything about this?

prolly cause no-one really cares.
s**t happens, things go wrong, it's a part of life

chuckee
29-12-2005, 12:16 PM
This was probably the wrong forum to post this in, by the sounds of it. I just had to get it off my chest.

maccrazy
29-12-2005, 12:40 PM
Why don't I switch my email address away from Paradise you may ask. The reason is that hundreds of companies and individuals use this email address to contact me. Informing all of them, changing my email address with countless organisations (many of whom I will have forgotten about), would take a heck of a long time.
That's why I always recommend people register their own domain name. Then they can change providers when ever they want and their email address will aways be the same. I know it is a bit of a chore, but you could always start doing it now and keep using your Paradise email address as well until 99.9% of your contacts have been informed of your new email address. :)

prolly cause no-one really cares.
s**t happens, things go wrong, it's a part of lifeWhen you pay as much as you do for internet access, it shouldn't happen. The best solution is to get a cheap hosting account and use that for email. As long as you don't go super cheap you will probably find it much more reliable than a huge ISP that doesn't really care about its customers... :rolleyes:

smithie 38
29-12-2005, 12:40 PM
Agree whole heartedly with your comments chuckee. I had prepared a post to this forum yesterday along the lines of what you have said, then decided against posting it.

Sure we all know that things go wrong, its a part of life, and thats why in the finish I decided not to send the post. But like chuckee, I too am waiting for some emails sent two or three days ago. I cannot get hold of TelstraClear to find out if we will ever receive them. Maybe by now they are lost in cyberspace.

At least chuckee we can now cry on one anothers shoulder. Maybe 2006 will be a better year ;)

smithie

tweak'e
29-12-2005, 12:41 PM
no problems here. however with a lot of buisneses shut down over the holidays they are proberly doing upgrades etc.

pctek
29-12-2005, 01:56 PM
Hey,

It was in the Herald this morning. They said there wasn't any fault just too much mail and the backlog is clearing.
I dumped them a while ago.
Just email everyone and let them know your new email address, you can do it with BCC rather than individual emails.

bartsdadhomer
29-12-2005, 02:33 PM
When you pay as much as you do for internet access, it shouldn't happen. The best solution is to get a cheap hosting account and use that for email. As long as you don't go super cheap you will probably find it much more reliable than a huge ISP that doesn't really care about its customers... :rolleyes:
Which is exactly what I do for exactly that reason

Big John
29-12-2005, 02:42 PM
Hey,
I am just writing to report that Paradise email has not been functioning correctly for 3 days now. I know that I should have received numerous emails 3 days ago that still have not arrived. This problem is so big that it was even
Cheers

It's not only e-mail. They are blocking web sites as well. They say they have a technical problem with their routing that stops access. Strange it is only to certain sites. It originally only happened when using their proxy server. Using any other free one worked. However they have slowely stopped working as well and I have to keep finding new ones every few days to get around it. I complained about it in November and they took weeks to respond and then only when I sent a really ****ty e-mail. Nothing has changed so another e-mail and their response was they could not give a timeline to fix it. Must be pretty pathetic technical service.

Why don't I change? I will be as soon as I can. I orignally wanted to swap just my ISP but they said that they did not want my line rental then either so I will have to move my line back to Telecom and Tolls/ISP to another already picked out. Only trouble is the money at the moment but as soon as it becomes available I will be giving them the flick they deserve.

Oldferix
29-12-2005, 08:36 PM
I am just writing to report that Paradise email has not been functioning correctly for 3 days now.

To see the continuing problems with 'Paradise' (by name only) just type "Paradise problems" into the search facility of Press F1

supergran
29-12-2005, 10:01 PM
Believe it or not, I changed mine to yahoo ages ago, and paradise has had a lot of outages since I changed, and yahoo might not be flash, but it has never gone down on me. I always get my mail.

I also am finding that different sites seem to be blocked, but by clearing the cache in tools, options, very regularly seems to get me back into where ever I hadn't been able to get into. :thumbs:

chuckee
29-12-2005, 11:52 PM
They really are a soulless organisation now aren't they? It is so sad - I seem to remember them being quite good before they were bought out by TelstraClear. Sadly, only money talks to companies like TelstraClear. And it is people like me who need to stop using them. I wish the media would cover how this fiasco is turning out - it's probably the only way that we could ever get TelstraClear to answer their phones, or even fix the problem.

Sb0h
30-12-2005, 12:07 AM
Had the same problem with them two months ago. After several separate instances where mail was not being delivered on time I cancelled our business accounts and took them elsewhere. Their service sucks the fat one!!

:angry

Speedy Gonzales
30-12-2005, 02:11 PM
And another article about it here (http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3526457a11,00.html) from today.

stu161204
30-12-2005, 04:17 PM
And another article about it here (http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3526457a11,00.html) from today.

Paradise traces internet problem to spam explosion (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/story.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10361956)

chuckee
30-12-2005, 04:42 PM
The problem is that there have been significant email disruptions, often for 24 hours at a time, for the past year. Approximately every 1 or 2 months there is a major delay receiving email through Paradise.
They can't now spin this problem as if it is all "spammers'" faults. All they are succeeding in doing by making excuses is annoying and infuriating us even more (if that is possible). I *still* am waiting for 90% of my emails from the past 4 days. *4 days* I tell you.

Hhel
30-12-2005, 04:56 PM
Hi
I was with Paradise until I read the annual review of ISP's in a recent issue of a certain watchdog magazine. It rated a Manawatu based ISP as tops in user satisfaction. Because I live in the Manawatu, I changed immediately from Paradise to Inspire.Net. So far, it has performed flawlessly.

Happy New Year to all and I hope you get your emails real soon.

Cheers,
Jim

Fergie
30-12-2005, 05:16 PM
Yea i've been affected pretty bad aswell.
First i thought people weren't responding to my (urgent) emails until my mate said he hadn't recieved an email i sent him.

Then it hit bad - i had an auction on Trademe that sold - the confirmation of it selling didn't come thro until 28hrs later!
And lately they're coming in really slowly - like i checked my emails this afternoon - should be about 7-10 new ones, got 3 new ones from today, 2 from yesterday, and one that was sent to me 2 days ago!! so i guess the rest that were sent to me will come in next year (literally :p)

you don't realise how much you rely on email and the i-net until it stops working :(

smithie 38
30-12-2005, 07:44 PM
TelstraClear are warning us customers that "the problem will take time to solve"

Cos it will - they have now all gone on leave for the New Year holiday break. The spokesman said that there had been a 250% increase in spam. Now I should imagine that the spammers are not just targeting Paradise, all ISPs will no doubt be similarly affected with the increase. I havent seen a mention from any F1ers using other ISPs that their emails are delayed for 2 to 3 days like we are putting up with at the moment.
Ah well Paradise my $20 per month will end early in the new year as I change to an ISP that will give better service than we are now receiving.

Smithie

bob_doe_nz
30-12-2005, 07:50 PM
Its always the smaller ISP's that are the better ones.

stu161204
30-12-2005, 07:58 PM
Its always the smaller ISP's that are the better ones.

The only problem with smaller ISP's is finding one that is your Region.

smithie 38
30-12-2005, 08:31 PM
Stu.
Why is it necessary to find one in "your Region"??. It really doesnt matter where they are based I would have thought.

Smithie

stu161204
30-12-2005, 08:37 PM
Why is it necessary to find one in "your Region"??. It really doesnt matter where they are based I would have thought.

As a lot of them you may find only work in a Region.

Fergie
30-12-2005, 08:51 PM
Latest:

Service Disruption Start: 30 December 2005, 7:00 AM
Estimated Service Disruption End: 30 December 2005, 9:00 PM
Last Updated: 30 December 2005, 6:36 PM
Area Affected: Paradise Email - Nationwide
Customer Impact:
Paradise ISP is working round the clock to resolve email delays experienced by customers over the past few days, however a return to normal service is several days away.

Paradise email performance has slowed following a 250% increase in the volume of email going through the ISP. The ability to process this email has been compounded by a problem with email processing software.

TelstraClear Group Manager Communications Mathew Bolland says the software issue and surge in email, most of which is spam, has led to a large backlog of email that will take some time to clear.

“We have teams working round the clock to streamline our email flow and increase the capacity of our servers so more mail can be processed,” he says.

“We will also be deleting all of our spam, rather than sending it onto Paradise customers’ spam folders as we usually do. This is a temporary measure, however about 60% of all email is spam, so removing it will help legitimate email get through more quickly.”

Given the work underway and the volume of email backed up, it is possible email may take more than a day to be delivered.

“We apologise to customers for the delays and recommend that anyone expecting a time critical message contact the sender rather than wait for the message to arrive,” says Mr Bolland.

Mr Bolland says delays with Paradise email are expected to continue until next week, with the company needing the weekend to make changes and for the backlog to clear. An update on email performance will be delivered on Monday, or earlier if improvement occurs.

Paradise customers should visit Paradise.net.nz. If there are any updates they will be posted under the ‘network status’ icon on the homepage.

The delays relate to received email and email sent from one Paradise customer to another. Other services, such as web browsing and gaming are not impacted.

chuckee
30-12-2005, 09:10 PM
Paradise ISP is working round the clock

Dictionary.com definition of 'round the clock':
"Lasting or continuing throughout the entire 24 hours of the day; continuous."

Does anyone really believe that TelstraClear will be busily working away at 3:30am tomorrow, or at any time on New Year's Eve?
I thought not. At least they could attempt to be slightly accurate with their rare updates.

pctek
30-12-2005, 11:05 PM
Interesting in that Paradise has been blacklisted a few times recently by Spamcop.
Not that I think much of Spamcop but....

Ninjabear
31-12-2005, 02:10 AM
I've just changed my trademe email to my orcon account.

MAn im so annoyed with paradise this year

John H
31-12-2005, 09:53 AM
It's not only e-mail. They are blocking web sites as well. They say they have a technical problem with their routing that stops access. Strange it is only to certain sites. It originally only happened when using their proxy server. Using any other free one worked. However they have slowely stopped working as well and I have to keep finding new ones every few days to get around it. I complained about it in November and they took weeks to respond and then only when I sent a really ****ty e-mail. Nothing has changed so another e-mail and their response was they could not give a timeline to fix it. Must be pretty pathetic technical service.

snip

BJ, how do you know that it is Paradise blocking certain sites? The reason why I ask is because I cannot get downloads working from one particular site.

I used to purchase music from mp3search.ru, but have not done so for some time. I tried again this week, and despite their customer support advising me that their site is up and running correctly, I cannot get any downloads from them despite using both IE and Firefox and trying all sorts of configurations with my firewall etc etc. With IE I get the error message "the server returned an invalid or unrecognised response."

I am now starting to wonder if the problem is with Paradise given your comments.

Thanks for any information.

Big John
31-12-2005, 10:04 AM
BJ, how do you know that it is Paradise blocking certain sites? The reason why I ask is because I cannot get downloads working from one particular site.

I used to purchase music from mp3search.ru, but have not done so for some time. I tried again this week, and despite their customer support advising me that their site is up and running correctly, I cannot get any downloads from them despite using both IE and Firefox and trying all sorts of configurations with my firewall etc etc. With IE I get the error message "the server returned an invalid or unrecognised response."

I am now starting to wonder if the problem is with Paradise given your comments.

Thanks for any information.

The reason started because I could not access torrentspy.com and thought it was just down. However other people on different ISP's said they could access it. Started me thinking that they may be filtering it through their proxy server so if I find a proxy server that is free and use that I should get through with no problems.
Did a search for free proxy servers and found some and changed my setting to IE to use that proxy and instantly connected to torrentspy. I do however have to keep changing proxy servers often.
They said in a reply message that they have a fault on their proxy and routing tables which means it cant reach many Japanese and some EU sites but can not give an ETA on when it will be fixed. I thought that was pretty pathetic but given as e-mail is dead again this morning and just times out then maybe they don't actually have anyone who knows what they are doing there anymore.

John H
31-12-2005, 10:39 AM
Hmmmm... That is really interesting. Thanks BJ. I found a list of free proxy servers, and was able to get one running with IE. Very slow to make connections etc, but it is now successfully downloading the songs I had purchased.

Oddly I haven't been able to replicate this with Firefox, but will keep trying.

It seems as though you are correct - I can only conclude that somehow Paradise is blocking access to this site. How can we do something about this sort of censorship (if that is what it is)?

[PS - the same proxy server and port are now working in Firefox as well with that site.]

Big John
31-12-2005, 09:12 PM
Well me for one am really p eyed now. I have been unable to connect at all to the mail server on paradise for over 9 hours. Just times out all the time.

They better be giving a refund of some kind for this kind of service

JJJJJ
01-01-2006, 06:59 AM
It's not long ago that people were raveing about how wonderful Paradise was.
Glad I stayed with Ihug :rolleyes:

pctek
01-01-2006, 09:23 AM
It's not long ago that people were raveing about how wonderful Paradise was.

They were when they really were Paradise and not a division of Telstra.

matty3
01-01-2006, 12:06 PM
That's why I always recommend people register their own domain name. Then they can change providers when ever they want and their email address will aways be the same. I know it is a bit of a chore, but you could always start doing it now and keep using your Paradise email address as well until 99.9% of your contacts have been informed of your new email address. :)

When you pay as much as you do for internet access, it shouldn't happen. The best solution is to get a cheap hosting account and use that for email. As long as you don't go super cheap you will probably find it much more reliable than a huge ISP that doesn't really care about its customers... :rolleyes:

I agree with maccrazy you should just get another e-mail address then bcc all your contacts that you know of and then just check your paradise e-mails off and on to see if anything important has come through and then you just tell them your new e-mail address and so on and then in the end you will have alerted everyone. But if you don't know everyone that e-mails you that means that you will have to keep the account up and running but that means that Telstra will still charge you for a service that you arn't really using and also a service that is really crappy. Its the same with me on Yahoo! Mail. Personally I love yahoo mail and its reliability is great but I keep getting spammed over and over again.... so what i'm going to do is change my e-mail and just check my current e-mail off and on to make sure no important e-mails are getting through. But it isn't good enough on Telstra's part they shouldn't of let this happen in the first place. Personally I think Telstra is a wee bit dodgy.

~Matt

matty3
01-01-2006, 12:11 PM
Believe it or not, I changed mine to yahoo ages ago, and paradise has had a lot of outages since I changed, and yahoo might not be flash, but it has never gone down on me. I always get my mail.

I also am finding that different sites seem to be blocked, but by clearing the cache in tools, options, very regularly seems to get me back into where ever I hadn't been able to get into. :thumbs:

I think Yahoo! is great too. I use it as my main e-mail account and its great you can also pop ur mail which is kool to, unlike hotmail where they have disabled it, they say its because of "spamming problems"

~Matt

John H
01-01-2006, 12:15 PM
I reckon Paradise has just hit on a new strategy to deal with their utter incompetence in dealing with spam - they seem to have turned off their spam filters and are letting the whole lot through for us to deal with. At present I am getting nothing filtered into my spam box, but a heap of junk email is being let through into my inbox (you can check this for yourself through webmail).

I am just sending the whole lot back to missedspam@paradise.net.nz - not that I have any confidence in them to do anything competent about it at present.

Just a thought - presumably all ISPs are getting the same spam pressures. Why is it that Paradise seems to be the only ISP that can't cope with it, and have not been able to cope with it for months now? Shouldn't that tell them something? No other ISP I am aware of is using this as an excuse for a crap service.

matty3
01-01-2006, 12:28 PM
I reckon Paradise has just hit on a new strategy to deal with their utter incompetence in dealing with spam - they seem to have turned off their spam filters and are letting the whole lot through for us to deal with. At present I am getting nothing filtered into my spam box, but a heap of junk email is being let through into my inbox (you can check this for yourself through webmail).

I am just sending the whole lot back to missedspam@paradise.net.nz - not that I have any confidence in them to do anything competent about it at present.

Just a thought - presumably all ISPs are getting the same spam pressures. Why is it that Paradise seems to be the only ISP that can't cope with it, and have not been able to cope with it for months now? Shouldn't that tell them something? No other ISP I am aware of is using this as an excuse for a crap service.

Well they must be multi-tasking because they are supposed to be working round the clock on fixing the problem and now they are going to check their e-mails themselves for the spam that users have sent in to them WOW!!! :rolleyes:

~Matt

John H
01-01-2006, 12:46 PM
I just checked their network status and they say in the current message (which gets recycled in a variety of forms) that:

“We will also be deleting all of our spam, rather than sending it onto Paradise customers’ spam folders as we usually do. This is a temporary measure, however about 60% of all email is spam, so removing it will help legitimate email get through more quickly.”

So my theory is a crock of course - the reason why there is no spam in my spam folder is because they are not sending it there - they are allegedly deleting it on my behalf. Doesn't explain why so much crap is coming into my inbox!

matty3
01-01-2006, 01:15 PM
I just checked their network status and they say in the current message (which gets recycled in a variety of forms) that:

So my theory is a crock of course - the reason why there is no spam in my spam folder is because they are not sending it there - they are allegedly deleting it on my behalf. Doesn't explain why so much crap is coming into my inbox!

Are they allowed to do that????? Cuz that means that they are deleting your e-mail and if they made a muck up that means that your geninue e-mails rnt actually getting through. So another muck up for the brilliant ISP Paradise with its trusty sidekick Telstra Clear :rolleyes:

~Matt

John H
01-01-2006, 01:24 PM
Are they allowed to do that????? Cuz that means that they are deleting your e-mail and if they made a muck up that means that your geninue e-mails rnt actually getting through. So another muck up for the brilliant ISP Paradise with its trusty sidekick Telstra Clear :rolleyes:

~Matt

I'm sure there is something in the small print that lets them do that! That's wot lawyers are for I guess...

Actually, I usually check my spam folder on a weekly basis, and I have never found a genuine email in it - only the usual junk offering me watches, larger body bits, medicaments to ensure that some body bits are (ahem) 'firmer', and a huge emphasis in the last two days on giving away my non-existent secrets related to Westpac and the National Bank of Australia... :waughh:

matty3
01-01-2006, 01:48 PM
I'm sure there is something in the small print that lets them do that! That's wot lawyers are for I guess...

Actually, I usually check my spam folder on a weekly basis, and I have never found a genuine email in it - only the usual junk offering me watches, larger body bits, medicaments to ensure that some body bits are (ahem) 'firmer', and a huge emphasis in the last two days on giving away my non-existent secrets related to Westpac and the National Bank of Australia... :waughh:

Well at least when the Paradise spam filter is up it actually serves its purpose. All of the spam that you have quoted happens to be what I get in my mailbox. The e-mails are so funny from the banks. I also like the whole your've won the lottery please confirm your banking details. Someone should so just type in some random details that would so rark them up!!!!!!! :badpc:

P.S. Do you only use Paradise for e-mail (I use Yahoo), how much storage space do u get 4 ur e-mails?

Edit: Probably is something in the fine print!

~Matt

BIFF
01-01-2006, 02:06 PM
I suggest those people complaining take their money elsewhere as that would be the best way to voice their dissatisfaction with TelstraClear.
Personally they are the best ISP I have been with ever. I don't think they are the best for novices though as their telephone support is supposed to be quite bad I hear.
My cable connection has not been down for months, and when it has been down it's been a scheduled outage and has happened in the middle of the night for a few minutes only.
I have a static IP as standard. No strange traffic shaping on the network unlike the evil empires network. 20ms ping times in BF2, national traffic charged at 1/10th.. what more could I want. :)

For those who doubt they are working on it round the clock, I have worked in smaller organisations than that which wouldn't hesitate to pay up for an engineer to fly in from the US to fix a problem that bad, so I have no doubt that there are people there slaving away at $500 per hour to get it sorted....

John H
01-01-2006, 02:55 PM
snip

P.S. Do you only use Paradise for e-mail (I use Yahoo), how much storage space do u get 4 ur e-mails?

~Matt

I have used Yahoo for some time as an 'expendable' email address, and still do, but solely for those places where I have already used that email address and I can't be fagged changing it.

I decided to check out GMail as well (for the same purpose) because it was new, and because of its storage capacity. A kind soul on PressF1 (stevensaaron) responded to my request for an invitation to join.

I quite like GMail, but don't like the ads. I am able to get rid of them in Yahoo by using Adblock, but Google are more cunning and if I use Adblock there, it stuffs up my messages. Despite the extra storage capacity of GMail, I don't find it any better than Yahoo. I don't get any spam in either GMail or Yahoo for some reason.

GMail says I am using 0% of my 2679Mb - Yahoo says I have 1 Gb of storage.

matty3
01-01-2006, 02:56 PM
I suggest those people complaining take their money elsewhere as that would be the best way to voice their dissatisfaction with TelstraClear.
Personally they are the best ISP I have been with ever. I don't think they are the best for novices though as their telephone support is supposed to be quite bad I hear.
My cable connection has not been down for months, and when it has been down it's been a scheduled outage and has happened in the middle of the night for a few minutes only.
I have a static IP as standard. No strange traffic shaping on the network unlike the evil empires network. 20ms ping times in BF2, national traffic charged at 1/10th.. what more could I want. :)

For those who doubt they are working on it round the clock, I have worked in smaller organisations than that which wouldn't hesitate to pay up for an engineer to fly in from the US to fix a problem that bad, so I have no doubt that there are people there slaving away at $500 per hour to get it sorted....

We are just discussing an issue you don't need to get all "it works fine for me so stop complaining" on us

~Matt

matty3
01-01-2006, 03:15 PM
I have used Yahoo for some time as an 'expendable' email address, and still do, but solely for those places where I have already used that email address and I can't be fagged changing it.

I decided to check out GMail as well (for the same purpose) because it was new, and because of its storage capacity. A kind soul on PressF1 (stevensaaron) responded to my request for an invitation to join.

I quite like GMail, but don't like the ads. I am able to get rid of them in Yahoo by using Adblock, but Google are more cunning and if I use Adblock there, it stuffs up my messages. Despite the extra storage capacity of GMail, I don't find it any better than Yahoo. I don't get any spam in either GMail or Yahoo for some reason.

GMail says I am using 0% of my 2679Mb - Yahoo says I have 1 Gb of storage.

Kewl I might just try G-Mail one day Do you have to be invited to join?????

~Matt

FoxyMX
01-01-2006, 04:00 PM
We are just discussing an issue you don't need to get all "it works fine for me so stop complaining" on us
BIFF is entitled to voice his opinion just as much as you are.

I don't think you need an invitation to join Gmail these days but if you want a Gmail invite go to the Gmail sticky thread at the top of the Chat forum and ask someone for one.

John H
01-01-2006, 04:59 PM
Kewl I might just try G-Mail one day Do you have to be invited to join?????

~Matt

Just send your email address to me at hopskinny at gmail dot com and I will send you an invitation.

kjaada
03-01-2006, 01:30 PM
Do any of you people check yr spam box on the server ?
I have found 97 blocked spam messages on my last check and by far the biggest proportion were "warnings" ??? from the National Bank Of Australia and some from Westpac.
If you want that sort of rubbish in yr inbox then go to another "better" ISP.

Big John
03-01-2006, 06:19 PM
Do any of you people check yr spam box on the server ?
I have found 97 blocked spam messages on my last check and by far the biggest proportion were "warnings" ??? from the National Bank Of Australia and some from Westpac.
If you want that sort of rubbish in yr inbox then go to another "better" ISP.

I let all mail through and have turned off their spam filter as it did detect some legit e-mail as spam. I never use the webmail interface unless I am overseas so there is no way to see what is in the spam.
I just use mailwasher to do a check on the e-mail headers, delete want I don't want then get what I need. No more hassle than the other way and I am 100% sure their spam filter does not wipe out good e-mails.

chuckee
03-01-2006, 07:01 PM
I asked Paradise for some sort of compensation for this fiasco, and was told:
"Whilst we are apologetic for this outage, we are not offering compensation for this unforseeable disruption."

Doesn't that heartwarming statement just make you want to thank them from the bottom of your heart for their sheer compassion they have shown over the Christmas and New Year?

I am moving my business elsewhere. I have in fact discovered that Orcon offers *free* email for life. For the life of me, I cannot understand why anyone would stick with this company after this mess.