PDA

View Full Version : internet connection problem....

nikkiesteban
29-12-2005, 05:57 AM
i have a DSL 383kpbs connection.. and i have a sister that downloads alot (bunch of files/mp3's/movies.. and she's making my internet soooo slow.. im the server though.. is there a way i can limit my connection to her.. i mean limit the connection to something like 10kbps so that i have mine a lot now.... please help me... i think its a software to limit. :lol:

bartsdadhomer
29-12-2005, 06:06 AM
what OS are you using?
what router/modem do you have?
are you using ICS or is she plugged straight into the router?

kingdragonfly
29-12-2005, 10:40 AM
It's not only your sister that can make things slow. ADSL is a shared median, meaning your neighbors downloads can make your connection slow.

Of course, even time of day can make a difference, since you can be competing with other Kiwis for international traffic.

Anyhow, what bartsdadhomer said: more details.

nikkiesteban
29-12-2005, 12:33 PM
what OS are you using?
what router/modem do you have?
are you using ICS or is she plugged straight into the router?

mine is windows XP pro, modem directly connecting into our DSL ISP(no more manual dialing when connecting it just automatically connects when turned on)... im using winXP internet sharing connection. Is there any software that i can use to control the bandwidth of internet connection?? it's like i will set the bandwidth that goes to my sister and the remaining kbps will all be mine..

stu161204
29-12-2005, 02:40 PM
Are you in NZ?