PDA

View Full Version : Failed to initialize 0xc00009 message

tony starkey
27-12-2005, 11:51 PM
My nephew made a cd of his family tree files. This works perfectly on my brothers pc which operates on XP home the same as mine. However, when I try the cd in either of my two drives, I get the message "Failed to initialize 0co00006" with no explanation as to what this means and with only one option which is to terminate the program! I thought that I may have a registry fault so I rashly bought "PC Rescue" online and although it detected and fixed about 175 errors it has not helped this particular problem.

bob_doe_nz
28-12-2005, 01:13 AM
How did he create the CD and what program was used?
Also what brand of CD's were they?
Quite often using cheaper unknown brands tends to lead to 'coaster' CD's quite often. And its preferable when making important CD's to use bigger branded media say Sony or Ricoh for example.

tony starkey
28-12-2005, 04:11 AM
It is a Sony cd and it works fine on another pc and it was created on a Roots Magic program which is family tree software

pctek
28-12-2005, 08:01 AM
Possibly:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/archive/index.php/t-21168.html

WhiteWolf4
28-12-2005, 10:49 AM
Do you have the same software on your PC aka (family tree)

Tryed running a lens cleaning CD in your drive, even check the drivers for it, maybe delete and re-install them ,,might help

tony starkey
29-12-2005, 11:10 PM
Thanks everyone - if my pc manufacturer doesn't come up with an answer I will try your suggestions.

pctek
30-12-2005, 08:00 AM
Thanks everyone - if my pc manufacturer doesn't come up with an answer I will try your suggestions.
Your PC manufacturer??? You're kidding right? There are no PC manufacturers, only component manufacturers....And they won't care about some piece of software you are having trouble with.

bartsdadhomer
30-12-2005, 09:39 AM
Your PC manufacturer??? You're kidding right? There are no PC manufacturers, only component manufacturers....And they won't care about some piece of software you are having trouble with.

Maybe, maybe not
Every PC I build comes with a warranty
If a customer has problems with any hardware (or software) in one of my PC's I put it right, then I argue with the manufacturer/supplier, they don't wait weeks for an RMA

Unlike Dell/HP/And other supremarket pc's etc who won't care and won't be on their doorstep within the hour to sort the problem

Still a lot to be said for buying local ....