PDA

View Full Version : Nero burning rom.

steamman
27-12-2005, 09:57 AM
I have just installed the liteon 16x dvd rw drive.and I am about to install the nero 6.6 which came with it.I already have a cdrom rw drive which uses nero 5.5. but i get message that i mst unninstall the earlier nero and install the 6.6. But the 6.6 says that it is for the dvd drive only. does the dvd drive also do cdroms as well. I am using win xp and I understand that there is already a cdrom rw system within the OS but if so where to find.

Lohsing
27-12-2005, 10:00 AM
Yeah, the bundled Nero only works with the drive it was shipped with.

If this is going to be your only DVD-RW or CD-RW, then that's fine to uninstall the 5.5. If you want to use multiple burners, you shouldn't install the 6.6. Better to buy the full version off the website.

Lo.

bartsdadhomer
27-12-2005, 10:01 AM
yes it does, it will burn cds just fine

bartsdadhomer
27-12-2005, 10:03 AM
Yeah, the bundled Nero only works with the drive it was shipped with.

bollocks, i've installed nero supplied with dvd drives on multiple machines with a cdrw only, it works fine

Trev
27-12-2005, 11:24 AM
Just uninstall the 5.5 and install the new version on the disk with new writer then update to the latest version 6.6.0.18.

Trevor :)

Lohsing
27-12-2005, 12:06 PM
bollocks, i've installed nero supplied with dvd drives on multiple machines with a cdrw only, it works fine
Alright, well I've installed the Nero shipped with my Liteon Combo drive and it refused to burn on another burner.

If you've managed to get it working with other burners, then good for you.

Lo.

Speedy Gonzales
27-12-2005, 12:09 PM
Well, it depends if its OEM or retail.

If OEM it definitely wont work without changing the serial #.

Then it'll work with any burner.

bartsdadhomer
27-12-2005, 12:19 PM
If OEM it definitely wont work without changing the serial #.

i have multiple cd-rw and dvd-rw units in various machines round here of all different makes and models and i've installed 1 x oem version on all machines with no burning probs whatsoever so far

Speedy Gonzales
27-12-2005, 12:26 PM
Yer good for you.

Metla
27-12-2005, 12:26 PM
There are multiple different OEm packages, I have a dozen OEM cd's that work on multiple drives, the ones that dont work tend to be branded with the drive manufacturers logo rather then being an actual OEM Nero cd.

The cheaper drives such as the Samsung and LG's tend to have these versions.(Branded)

Misty
27-12-2005, 12:39 PM
Just uninstall the 5.5 and install the new version on the disk with new writer then update to the latest version 6.6.0.18.

Trevor :)

Also watch out for the Yahoo Companion toolbar, which is offered with 6.6.0.18, and opt out from that unless you do want it !

http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/showthread.php?t=64142
Misty :cool:

bartsdadhomer
27-12-2005, 12:43 PM
Yer good for you.
Yer exactly what i was thinkin'

sambaird
27-12-2005, 12:52 PM
Alright, well I've installed the Nero shipped with my Liteon Combo drive and it refused to burn on another burner.

If you've managed to get it working with other burners, then good for you.

Lo.
i have had it working with other burners no problem

SurferJoe46
27-12-2005, 03:44 PM
OK..now that I am totally confused...let me add a little mud to help clarify things.

I bought a Sony CD-rom-burner and got B's Gold 5, and then got another DVD-CD-ROM (Artec) and it worked there on flying copies.

I took out the original SONY CD-Burner that came bundled with B's Gold and installed a different DVD-CD-ROM/Burner (SONY) and it came with Nero 6 (I think), but it's NERO. (I actually prefer B's anyway...Nero is very confusing to me.)

Now here's the question since I never un-installed anything from previous hardware:

NERO and B's Gold both work on demand and don't have any problems with each other. Should I be having problems or not? Is it just becuse they are both SONYs or does Nero and B's not worry about licenses and serial numbers? At this time, I lost my Power DVD player...still looking for it.

I have since added a Liteon DVD/CD rom and it works there too. What gives? According to the above posts, there should be a lot of conflicts. Right?

Speedy Gonzales
27-12-2005, 03:55 PM
Well some versions of Nero depending on the serial # wont work on other burners.

And like some people have already said, it doesnt matter. One version of Nero works for any burner.

I've never used B Gold, so dont know whats in it. I know if you use something like INCD, and directcd, they can conflict.

If B Gold doesnt use my computer in XP, for data cd's, (like directcd does), then there shouldn't be a conflict with Nero. They'll work alongside each other, no prob at all.

SurferJoe46
27-12-2005, 06:14 PM
Isn't this just a choice of where you waant the files to be saved:

If B Gold doesnt use my computer in XP, for data cd's, (like directcd does), then there shouldn't be a conflict with Nero. They'll work alongside each other, no prob at all.

If one uses the defaults, then I guess it's gonna get confused, but I don't allow the default settings to get used as I have all these 200 gig HDDS for my dvd rips and mp3's. They have all had to be set as the new default...and I see no conflicts at all.

I don't like to save anything in MY COMPUTER .....I hate to load a 40 gig with data files..I save the 40 gig for the opsys anyway. Windows likes to make associations with it's own priorities and I don't necessarily agree with theeir ideas.