PDA

View Full Version : BF1942 graphic/menu Problem

Agent_24
22-12-2005, 06:11 PM
I have just re-installed windows on my new harddrive and installed BF1942.

I then patched it to the latest version and tried to play, the intro movies worked fine but when It came to the main menu all I got was a white screen with "copyright 2002 EA games" down the bottom.

The menu music still played and I moving the mouse around made the menu buttons play their mouseover sound.

I tried re-installing and trying with no patch but still the same thing. I read that a few people had a similar problem when BF1942 first came out that was related to nvidia's drivers, but I have the same, latest drivers that I was using before the reinstall of windows. Apart from the harddrive, no hardware has changed either.

I have emailed EA but have not got a reply yet, usually they send one quick but not this time :illogical

Jen
24-12-2005, 09:56 PM
Did you get a reply from EA games in the end?

I take it you installed the motherboard drivers as well and updated DirectX?

Jester
24-12-2005, 10:05 PM
Any chance you have enabled AntiAliasing or Anistropic Filtering on your graphics card? If so change back to application controlled. That sometimes messes up BF1942.

Agent_24
24-12-2005, 10:45 PM
well in the meantime nvidia had released newer drivers... so I tried those and it works perfectly now :thumbs:

still haven't got any word from EA though. :annoyed: