PDA

View Full Version : Ad-Aware Personal Free Download Help

cybergran
21-12-2005, 09:48 PM
:waughh: I have downloaded Ad-Aware Personal free download.. I went to lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/..From the link there I went to Net.Security.org for the download of edition 1.06..When I tried to execute it I got a security warning..."The publisher could not be verified. This file does not have a valid digital signature that verifies it's publisher."..Why does this happen...should I download from elsewhere in case the prgram has been tampered with....If so where do I go....I am running Win XP Home....thank you...

Speedy Gonzales
21-12-2005, 09:55 PM
Its a security feature of XP SP2. That message.

cybergran
22-12-2005, 08:17 AM
:thumbs: I emailed lavasoft customer support last night...Not supposed to as the help is only for consumers who buy their products...However I received a reply this morning and they say they are working on a digital signature now and that the program is encrypted and safe to use...Thanks for your reply....Have a very merry christmas & a very happy new year.

kingdragonfly
22-12-2005, 10:48 AM
As Speedy Gonzales said, it just a new standard Microsoft warning.

Microsoft encourages software publisher to include a "digital signature" on their software to verify the authenticity and validity of a software package, but it's not required.

Digital signatures are also used in email for the same purpose, but rarely seen, even in government agencies.