PDA

View Full Version : Telecom Charges

bonzo29
21-12-2005, 03:54 PM
I changed over to Xtra broadband on the 10/12/05 from Xtra dialup with cosequent broadband charges starting from that date.

My old billing (superceded) dialup period was from 30/11/05 to the 30/12/05

Have just received my account and they have billed me for the full dial up period ie until the end of December!!

Have just queried it with the telecom operator who says this is correct.

Anyone else had a similar experience?

Myth
21-12-2005, 03:59 PM
When I swapped ISPs to Xtra for there broadband deal, they were charging me for dialup as well... even although I didn't even have a dialup account with them in the first place.

Rung them the first time, they said sorry, we will take it off. Second month rolled round and I was still billed for it, rung again and they said that there was a communication error with the billing dept, sorry we will deal to it immediately. They didn't bill me for dialup again after that.

Needless to say, come June I will be shopping around for ISPs (for the above reason and a few more)

Lizard
21-12-2005, 04:01 PM
When I cancelled my dial-up account with Ihug to move to Xnet broadband, the same situation applied. Basically, the charge for the dial-up is for a month in advance (presumably Xtra is the same), so once the new billing period begins, you're committed to the monthly charge. However, you should still have dial-up access for the remainder of the month. Not much use, unless you know someone who needs a short-term dial-up connection.

Lizard

pctek
21-12-2005, 04:14 PM
Dial up charges.
Just ring accounts - they'll fix it.

bonzo29
21-12-2005, 04:50 PM
Thanks pctek.
I rang 123 and went through the tedious process of pressing hash, 1, 3, etc etc and the person at the end seemed clueless.
Have you any special tips on contacting someone knowledgeable?

pctek
21-12-2005, 07:44 PM
No.
Last time I had a problem with the internet fees, thats what I did. Explained to the accounts lady what had ahppened, she told me to ring the helpdesk, I explained I didn't need the connection fixed - just the bill corrected. She credited it straight away. You just need to tell them what you want and why.