PDA

View Full Version : Emails often RECEIVED TWICE

olldaddy78
21-12-2005, 11:31 AM
Is this an abberation or deliberate on the senders part or has it do do with settings? Most sent twice are from overseas countries. :badpc:

Graham L
21-12-2005, 12:32 PM
It might be caused by problems/delays in your ISP's mail server. If an incoming mail is not acknowledged in a reasonable time, it will be sent again.

I've had NZ emails arriving in nzoomail.com three or four days after they were sent. I know it's painfully slow to use, but it shouldn't take days to receive mail. :(

smurf
21-12-2005, 06:48 PM
I have had the recent experience (three times of late) where I have downloaded mail from my ISP only to start to open the mail when they start to download again. As a result I went through webmail and deleted them directly from the server. Problem was solved until next time....then the same problem reoccurred....????? Not sure why......

Safari
21-12-2005, 07:15 PM
From http://www.insideoutlookexpress.com/problems/bugs.htm

If your POP3 mail account is configured to "leave a copy of messages on the server" under Tools | Accounts | <account> | Properties | Advanced, it sometimes happens that OE downloads the same messages each time you send and receive. This is caused by a damaged "Pop3uidl.dbx" file in your Identity's store folder. This file keeps track of which messages on the server have already been downloaded and should therefore be skipped on subsequent downloads. To fix the problem, simply delete the "Pop3uidl.dbx" file. The next time you check for mail, all the messages on the server will be downloaded again, but a new "Pop3uidl.dbx" will be created that should work properly on subsequent mail checks.

tweak'e
21-12-2005, 07:24 PM
the other comman cause of this is some antivirus email scanning and poor internet connections.