PDA

View Full Version : How much could I reasonably expect...

Tukapa
20-12-2005, 08:13 PM
...for all this?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Computers/Complete-systems/auction-43463430.htm

Your suggestions are welcome.

Jen
20-12-2005, 08:25 PM
As much or as little as someone is prepared to pay for it. You have a reserve on that auction, so you must have some expectations.

You would of been wiser to divide up that auction into individual systems and have the spare hardware in a couple of separate auctions as well. You would get much more overall doing it that way.

JJJJJ
20-12-2005, 08:49 PM
I'rd say you probably have the highest bid you're going to get.

Tukapa
20-12-2005, 08:51 PM
Thanks Jen

You are right, I do have a reserve but fear it may be a tad unrealistic.

I have thought of pulling everything to pieces and selling it all as components as I also think I would probably get more for it that way.

Would just be nice not to have to go to that trouble.

But if this auction doesn't come up to a reasonable amount then that will be my next bet.

Cheers.

bob_doe_nz
20-12-2005, 08:54 PM
I thought it was illegal to has comp systems with preinstalled Windows and no disk.
Why not install a lite flavour of linux instead?

Myth
20-12-2005, 09:05 PM
Hmm, oh I wish I knew these were coming up for sale, would have grabbed one of the 1GHz+ Celeron comps for my partner and pickup would have been same day (max you are only half an hour from me). Oh and I won't be in Taranaki on auction completion day (that was the other reason I haven't bid)

Packs of pieces like this usually go cheap, you would have gotten more individually as in each system individual. But if you are wanting to just get rid of them, then this is the way

Tukapa
20-12-2005, 09:35 PM
Damn...and I work in Ytara every day!!!

Poppa John
20-12-2005, 09:39 PM
Tazz & Tukapa............Why don't you PM & ring each other. Make an offer etc. PJ

Myth
20-12-2005, 10:48 PM
Tazz & Tukapa............Why don't you PM & ring each other. Make an offer etc. PJCould .. but a bid has already been placed in the auction. TradeMe rules dictate the auction must continue (well thats my take on the rules).
If the auction does not make reserve, then yeah we might get to do that, but until such time we just gotta see what happens.

Though if I remember correctly, the seller can set the reserve at any time during the auction until such time as the reserve has been met

bob_doe_nz
20-12-2005, 10:52 PM
OR you could just cancel the auction. Though you would need to specify why.