PDA

View Full Version : What motherboard?

zahmad
20-12-2005, 07:18 PM
What motherboards are there now that u would suggest me to get? It will be used for casual gaming, internet and music/movies :)

Thanks.

Tukapa
20-12-2005, 07:26 PM
Hasn't this been answered god knows how many times?

Asus A8N-E PCI-E

Mine and others suggestion.

Just go and buy one.

Please.

The_End_Of_Reality
20-12-2005, 08:20 PM
Well I am looking at the DFI Lanparty range they are very good and come with lots of extras, like the DFI LanParty nF4 Ultra-D nForce4-Ultra S939 should be good for you, although it has gone up in price a little due to little in the country but have a look at the DFI Website (www.dfi.com.tw) and see what you think :thumbs:

pctek
20-12-2005, 08:33 PM
Well I am looking at the DFI Lanparty range they are very good and come with lots of extras, like the DFI LanParty nF4 Ultra-D nForce4-Ultra S939 should be good for you, although it has gone up in price a little due to little in the country but have a look at the DFI Website (www.dfi.com.tw) and see what you think :thumbs:
He did say casual gaming...

The_End_Of_Reality
21-12-2005, 07:31 AM
He did say casual gaming... I thought this was a good, mid range board for his needs :)

zahmad
21-12-2005, 08:58 AM
I forgot to mention AMD socket 939 :)

Nomad
21-12-2005, 11:01 AM
Just go out and buy it or wait to the day and then buy it.
I was looking at a 939 AMD mobo last time on a budget that was used for my bro at a budget minded approach, a Gigabyte at $195 at a store I found near me. Not bad, supported all the features that other brands had, not Soundblaster onboard sound or SCSI onboard. Latest FSB, chipset, SATA II support with RAID, PCI-X. Or you can always get a $400+ mobo if you like, its up to you.

At the end of the day, he didn't want to spend too much so he went with a AMD 754 Sempron 2500+ 512MB onboard video, SATA I, now its not bad for a home PC used for internet and ms office. Its sufficient enof.

kingdragonfly
21-12-2005, 11:18 AM
Actually ASUS has a bad name in New Zealand. There appears to be two supply chains, one for the States and one for everywhere else.

It appears the States get the Asus motherboard that the manufacturer pass the test as superior, and everywhere else gets motherboards that passed the manufacturer's test, but just barely.

I'd avoid Asus. I tend to like Gigabyte.

pctek
21-12-2005, 11:19 AM
Actually ASUS has a bad name in New Zealand. There appears to be two supply chains, one for the States and one for everywhere else.

It appears the States get the Asus motherboard that the manufacturer pass the test as superior, and everywhere else gets motherboards that passed the manufacturer's test, but just barely.

I'd avoid Asus. I tend to like Gigabyte.
Where did you get that rubbish from?