PDA

View Full Version : Remove Memorized fields - Specific

theoldfarter
18-12-2005, 09:02 PM
XP Pro

When I use the Scanner & Camera Wizard, I progress through to a section named "Picture Name & Destination".

In that section, are two fields; 1: "Type a name for this group of pictures" and 2: "Choose a place to save this group of pictures".

The fields have lists of names in them from previous entries.
I wish to remove/delete them so they never show again.

How do I do that please?

pctek
18-12-2005, 09:33 PM
With either your backspace key or your delete key.

theoldfarter
18-12-2005, 09:40 PM
With either your backspace key or your delete key.

It is not that simple, tried that previously.

Try it yourself & you will see what I mean. Hook up your camera/webcam, take a photo with the Wizard, name it & the folder & save.

Close wizard & go through the motions again but this time, try to delete/remove the name(s).

I think it is something to do with Windows Shell.?

zqwerty
18-12-2005, 10:00 PM
You could try this program, I use it everyday but use with caution, make sure that you only deleted those MRU's that you want to by setting the options correctly:

http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/mrublaster.html

theoldfarter
20-12-2005, 12:07 AM
All fixed now. Installed MRU-Blaster but before i ran it, I went to the forum for it & had a search to see if anyone else ever had the problem.
One person did, who said Blaster did not remove the names.

The post mentioned the registry name.

I have deleted them from the registry & on reboot, they don't come back.

In case anyone is interested, or has the problem themselves in the future, they are called MRU's & my particular one was found here:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER/software/microsoft/windows/current version/WIA/WiaAcquisition Manager
delete "RootFileNameMru"

Back up the key first, just in case.

zqwerty
20-12-2005, 01:23 AM
Thanks for letting us know your solution, so that it will be found when searched for at a later date.

Removing MRU's.