PDA

View Full Version : msn and dlink dsl-g604t

bubbybrat
18-12-2005, 01:17 AM
ok so why can I connect to the internet surf, recieve email and yet cannot stay connected to msn for longer than 30 seconds?????

I'm running windows xp, xtra is the ISP, dlink wireless adsl router.....what give up until yesterday I had no problems with it?

Renmoo
18-12-2005, 02:35 PM
Hello bubbybrat. Does MSN Messenger display any error message upon auto-disconnection after 30 seconds? Have you tried re-installing MSN Messenger or tried using another IM such as Trillian? What version of MSN Messenger are you using? Lastly, may I add you to my MSN Messenger :D ?

Cheers :)

SurferJoe46
18-12-2005, 05:59 PM
Everybody...MSN Messenger is running on 3 wheels this whole week...and I guess the X-mas kiddies are gonna drive it to it's knees in the next week with new pc's and puter stuff under the trees.

I have had little chance to get into Messenger for the past week or so....it's hit-or-miss if it doesn't time out before I get hooked up.

Wait till the spyware and viruses kill the X-mas puters and all will be OK later......

bubbybrat
18-12-2005, 06:34 PM
ummI'm using 7.5beta....as I said up until 2 days ago I had no problems with it running. I culd stay connected for several days in a row without a problem.

Now I either can only stay connected for 30 seconds max, and then when i try and reconnect and use the troubleshooter it says my default gateway must be closed....

although if this was the case then I wouldn't be able to surf or send and recieve email.

I don't see why not about adding me to your msn.

bubbybrat
19-12-2005, 10:24 PM
all fixed...thank you to everyone who was able to help out.