PDA

View Full Version : This looks like a job for no. 8 wire

Greven
15-12-2005, 08:13 AM
I've got a Radeon 9250 that I want to put in a small form factor case. I got the computer from SIT & they got the video cards from computerland. They were supposed to have arrived & been installed months ago for the game development class (and they were supposed to be 9550s), but they turned up just before we graduated without a low profile bracket & we were just given them in a box to install ourselves.

I still haven't recieved the low profile bracet, but appearently it will be couriered to me. This would be all good if you believe that, but this particular card has a digital only DVI port that can't be converted to VGA as the primary connector so the VGA capabilities will be lost when I swap the brackets.

Where the good old kiwi innovation comes in is I need a way to lengthen the cable the connects the VGA connector to the video card. If I can do that, I will chuck the origional bracket in one of the sideways full size PCI places, install the video card with the low profile bracket (or no bracket at all) and connect up the VGA off the origional bracket so I can actually use the monitor that came with the computer.

Rob99
15-12-2005, 10:56 AM
www.dse.co.nz
XH6788 = Adaptor DVI-A to VGA
X2603 = VGA Monitor Extension Cable 2 metres

Metla
15-12-2005, 11:14 AM
Send it back, Abuse them.

Greven
15-12-2005, 01:55 PM
www.dse.co.nz
XH6788 = Adaptor DVI-A to VGA
X2603 = VGA Monitor Extension Cable 2 metres
They gave us an adapter, but all the adapters rely on the 4 pins that carry an analogue signal. The card they gave us doesn't have those 4 extra pins. Research DVI-D vs DVI-I.

I'm not looking for a vga extension cable to go between the connector & monitor. I'm looking to entend the most likely proprietary cable that connects the VGA connector on the bracket to the video card.