PDA

View Full Version : TV Tuner Driver Difficulties

Zante
12-12-2005, 06:13 PM
First of hello pessf1! - This would be my first post.

For informational purposes the computer experiences the issues is:
Pentium 4 Prescott
1GB DDR Ram
200GB ATA133 and 250GB SATA II
Samsung DVDRW Drive
6600GT AGP
Gigabyte *something*pro2
Sound Blaster Live! 5.1
And the most important part for this thread, I have a PixelView Play TV Pro (one of the older ones, not the new one they've brought out).

I am running Windows XP Pro SP2 and I had the manufacturers drivers installed and it was all working fine. Then playing around with some tv software I read about this alternative bt chipset driver that could be used and was apparently better than original drivers. So being the sucker for improvements I downloaded it and brought the install box up. http://btwincap.sourceforge.net this where I got this driver from. I got an error while using the automated driver install so I tried it manually and in doing this I got "access is denied" errors, and yes I am administrator.

Then from there I made a bit of a mess of the drivers. I have uninstalled what I could but any asisstance in getting what correct drivers installed would be must appreciated!

http://endeavour.homelinux.com/devices.JPG is a link to a screenshot of my devices window. It should help a bit.

Cheers everyone.

lazydog
12-12-2005, 07:12 PM
Hi there,

When i installed my leadtek 2000 deluxe tv card i found out (while researching for which card to buy) that it was advisable to download the latest drivers from the leadtek site, install them then install the card. If it wasnt done in this order it could cause problems on some systems.

Not sure if it'll work for your card but could be worth a try. See if pixelview have updated / downloadable drivers at there site and try them.

Chilling_Silence
12-12-2005, 09:37 PM
Ive never actually used anything other than the official drivers...

Remove the drivers, reboot the PC and make it scan

Tell it you want to specify a driver (And use the official ones for now just to make sure you can get it back working)
If it gives you an error, post it back

Zante
12-12-2005, 11:00 PM
Cheers for those tips.

I tried removing everything but it won't let me delete the legacy drivers, and when I try update them to a specific location I get "access is denied". I tried it in safe mod but still the same thing. I might try it with the card in but I doubt that will help. Need to get round this error some how.

Zante
13-12-2005, 12:14 PM
I just opened up HVC Plus to find that that will play tv fine. Whereas all other programmes have no idea that the card even exists. It's very weird. It would be great if I could remove all these drivers and start again with the manufactures drivers.

Chilling_Silence
13-12-2005, 11:53 PM
HVCPlus... Cool :-)

What other programs have you tried? VirtualDub?

Zante
14-12-2005, 06:04 PM
Hmmm VirtualDub, never heard of that. I ended up reinstalling XP *sigh* I did a repair which fixed the drivers but it slowed the computer way down. I've tried ChrisTV and showshifter and either have sound even though HVC does! Any suggestions?