PDA

View Full Version : My printer won't work

caradoc
10-12-2005, 03:45 PM
I have a HP psc 1350 all-in-one. It will print anything from the top of the printer, but will not print or scan from the computer. So I wondered if we had a loose connection, but no.

If I want to print anything, say, from My pictures, the Printing Wizard comes up with "You cannot continue unless you install a printer" So I went through the process of installing it: O.K. but it still will not print.

Similarly with the scanner. I go to HP Gallery, press Scan and a box comes up (it never used to) which says Select source, but there is nothing to click except Cancel

PLEASE can anyone help - preferablyt "in words of one syllable" as I am not exactly computer literate

Caradoc

bk T
10-12-2005, 05:32 PM
I think this is a driver problem. I would suggest you to uninstall the driver and re-install it. Is it connected to the USB port? If it is, you may have to plug out the usb cable before installing the driver. Read your instruction manual carefully before going ahead. Follow on-screen instructions carefully while installing the driver.

Cheers

Speedy Gonzales
10-12-2005, 06:10 PM
Yup most HP printers, you install the software first, reboot, then plug the USB cable in.

It should then detect the printer properly, and should hopefully work.