PDA

View Full Version : Prince of Persia Reboots PC..

Mcpisik
08-12-2005, 05:42 PM
Hi,
I received Prince of Persia Warrior within, with my new video card. It has worked once or twice, but usually restarts the pc when I choose to start a game (after reaching options menus).
The pc instantly restarts with no freeze.
Couldn't find a patch for the game.
Everything else works fine and so do other games.
Have put game to default settings and pc is plenty grunty for this game.
Video card has latest driver installed...

Any ideas? Thanks....

Speedy Gonzales
08-12-2005, 05:49 PM
What version of the Nvidia drivers are installed?

roddy_boy
08-12-2005, 06:09 PM
Do you have automatic restart on system failure enabled? It is by default. Disable it via CP, system, advaced tab, under startup and recovery select settings, uncheck the box "automatically start" under system failure. You should now get a BSOD if it crashes again.

Mcpisik
08-12-2005, 07:03 PM
What version of the Nvidia drivers are installed?
Classic....Saw your name as online, and thought, "I bet Speedy has once again offered to come to the rescue". Took a look at my replies and there you were! Thanks for always jumping in mate.

The driver I have installed is 8.1.9.5 as far as I can tell.
But I've always sucked at choosing what driver I'm supposed to have, so maybe I've somehow gotten the wrong one...
:illogical

Mcpisik
08-12-2005, 07:04 PM
Do you have automatic restart on system failure enabled? It is by default. Disable it via CP, system, advaced tab, under startup and recovery select settings, uncheck the box "automatically start" under system failure. You should now get a BSOD if it crashes again.

Thats great. I've now disabled it, and will go give it a shot. Might soon have myself an answer! Cheers... :thumbs:

Speedy Gonzales
08-12-2005, 08:14 PM
Gidday Mc

I use the same version of the drivers here 81.95.

I'm not too sure if the drivers are the prob, since when I use 2 certain programs, it doesnt reboot, but it freezes the system, with 81.95 of the Nvidia drivers.

I have to press the reset button.

(BUT, if I dont use either of these 2 programs, the system is fine, it'll go for hours without freezing the system).

I uninstalled Poptray (an email notification program). I'm not sure whether this program was conflicting with something (since this program used to start on bootup, and sit in the taskbar).

BUT, since uninstalling poptray, when I use this other program (which I thought was the prob), it hasn't frozen the system.

So, I'm not sure whether 81.95 of the Nvidia drivers are buggy, or not.

Well, until the system freezes, with the program I think is causing the freezing.

Mcpisik
08-12-2005, 08:27 PM
Sweet Speedy...(lol...'sweet as' I was meaning to say)
Could be same for me somewhere...
However I'm getting a blue screen coming up now when starting the game.
Some of it goes...
Stop:0x0000007E
nv4_disp.dll etc....
There's plenty more written there but no copy paste option! So I'll do some research on that bit first i guess...

pctek
08-12-2005, 08:28 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/561108232/m/6181063073

Speedy Gonzales
08-12-2005, 08:33 PM
Sweet Speedy...(lol...'sweet as' I was meaning to say)
Could be same for me somewhere...
However I'm getting a blue screen coming up now when starting the game.
Some of it goes...
Stop:0x0000007E
nv4_disp.dll etc....
There's plenty more written there but no copy paste option! So I'll do some research on that bit first i guess...

Umm uninstall the drivers thru Add/remove programs, Mc.

Delete its folder then reboot. (Delete every folder with Nvidia in it), if u use XP, this will be in C:/Nvidia

Then reinstall the Nvidia drivers. nv4_disp.dll belongs to the Nvidia drivers.