PDA

View Full Version : Keyboard trouble

notechyet
07-12-2005, 03:40 PM
Hello

Yesterday I borowed another keyboard as the "Z" was not working. As much I can remember it did work for some time. Now it is back to the old trouble! No "Z"with or without caps lock, no chance.

Does anyone have an idea what this could be?
Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks

Gion :(

notechyet
07-12-2005, 03:46 PM
Solved

I have used the "Z" as hotkey a couple of days ago.
Thread can be deleted!!

Gion

netchicken
07-12-2005, 04:13 PM
Even though you solved it this time, there may be other answers to your question ...

1. Keyboards come with a built in supply of letters.

If you are using an old keyboard, you may find that some letters have been used. Naturally they may be the vowels, but in your case the keyboard was owned by an entamologist who, when not researching Ents, recorded the sound of bee's and mosquetoes from tape to text.

2. Another common reason for z's not working is that there is a kink in the cable between the keyboard and the computer.

Letters with sharp points (of which Z is the sharpest) can get caught in the kink and not pass to the screen. Be careful when you straighten the cable not to get a deluge of stuck letters on your screen.

I hope these hints will be of help in the future...

notechyet
07-12-2005, 04:31 PM
Very good chiken!!!!

Gion :eek:

mrbuda
22-12-2005, 12:43 PM
I changed my keyboard and I still have trouble typeing. It doesen't do it in word pad, just in e-mails and microsoft office. What s causeing this, and what do I do about it?

godfather
22-12-2005, 01:01 PM
I changed my keyboard and I still have trouble typeing. It doesen't do it in word pad, just in e-mails and microsoft office. What s causeing this, and what do I do about it?

What exactly is "trouble typing" ?

You need to tell us exactly what the actual problem is before we could suggest a cause.

Sultan_Emerr
22-12-2005, 03:23 PM
passmark.com/products/keytest.htm