PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading Xtra Broadband Plans

Dadzka
06-12-2005, 07:22 AM
Hi there - I am presently on Xtra Explorer 256Kbps plan and am thinking of upgrading to the Adventure 2Mbps plan and forking out the extra $10 per month. My question is, will I have to make any adjustments to my system settings on either my computer or D-Link modem or will the upgrade be a "seamless" transition without incident. System stats - Pentium 2.0GHz with 512mb RAM running Windows XP home. Also, if I change plans in mid-billing period, will the upgrade take place immediately or will they wait until the end of current billing period before changing plans.

Cheers

Greven
06-12-2005, 08:47 AM
They will usually wait until the end of your billing cycle when they can. All your settings will stay the same - when they upgrade it, they will probably boot you off the network for a couple of minutes & when you reconnect, you will be on the new plan.

FoxyMX
06-12-2005, 09:07 AM
Why don't you phone them up and ask them? After all, they charge "xtra" for and take pride in their customer service so you may as well use it since you are paying for it.

But what Greven has said would be correct. They will probably also send you an email notification to inform you that you are now on the new plan.

godfather
06-12-2005, 09:29 AM
And you may need to power down and power up your modem for the change to take effect, after Xtra have done their changes.

somebody
06-12-2005, 10:16 AM
A month or so ago I was on the Xtra Explorer plan like you. After doing a lot of research, the best option I decided was to change to Ihug's "Light" plan - 2mbit/s speed, 10gb peak time, 10gb offpeak, for $49.95. Didn't cost me a cent extra, and I got a free ADSL modem out of it.

Trev
06-12-2005, 10:17 AM
I just changed from a 256 plan with Actrix to a 1mb plan. For it to work properly I had to switch off my router and reboot my computer.

Trevor :)