PDA

View Full Version : files and folders back to front

shione83
03-12-2005, 06:25 PM
i recently had to format my pc which went without a hitch. but! when i open any of my folders all the files in them r back to front...i.e.... instead of them displaying from a-z they display from z-a with any subfolders at the end of the lists which is nuisance value as i dont know my alphabet backwards so have to go to the end of the list and work forward to find what i'm looking for. all folders do this even the windows folder and the same thing happens in the registry
anyone have any ideas on how i can fix this please and why this should happen??
thanx in advance

Jen
03-12-2005, 07:16 PM
Change the Explorer view to details, and then try clicking on the Window Explorer bar at the top where it says "files" (also says saved/size etc)and see if it offers to sort them in a more sensible manner.

shione83
04-12-2005, 08:33 PM
hi Jen..thanx for that ... i tried it and it worked till i opened the folders/subfolders again and they were back as they were originally... z-a :(
guess its something i am going to have to learn to live with till my next format

tadad
04-12-2005, 08:51 PM
If you right click in explorer and select arrange by name, size, type whatever you choose. Then before leaving folder go to tools\folder options and select the view tab and click on the apply to all folders buttons. This will make your settings default for all folders. Hope this helps.