PDA

View Full Version : incredimail

koochey
28-11-2005, 12:27 PM
My Daughter wants to download this program into the computer..I have heard conflicting reports about how it can upset your computer..please can i have other users advice regarding this program. thanks...

Robby
28-11-2005, 12:39 PM
gidday,

there has been quite a bit written about this subject here, if you
do a search I'm sure you will find what you want.

Having used it for some time here are a few pros and cons.

it contains a huge amount of graphics etc, so does like a computer,
with a bit of grunt.

it shows small adverts until you buy it, then it can check your server
before downloading e-mails

it can block and bounce unwanted e-mails.

it leaves quite a bit behind when uninstalled and pays to do a search after.

bottom line, if you want an e-mail client that can pretty up your e-mails with
smileys, animations, etc this will do it well.

cheers,

robby

Metla
28-11-2005, 12:48 PM
It spyware, even if you pay for it, By accepting the EULA on install you give the publishers the right to store, read and own all correspondence that you send through their program.

It also makes it impossible to extract the emails contained within, Anything that is sitting in your inbox is as good as deleted if you uninstall incredimail, The single consession they had made towards not being the king of suck is that you can now export the address book/contacts list.

My advice, Avoid.

Laura
28-11-2005, 12:59 PM
Quite apart from what it may or may not do to a computer's innards -

I can vouch for the fact that it can be highly irritating to the recipient of emails which all have large dancing/bouncing/grimacing "smileys" below each message.
For serious messages, they're unsuitably distracting. They can also become boring...

One of my relatives sent me these for months & was quite unaware they were on all of his emails until he visited here & I showed him a stored message.
So if you do put this clutter on your machine, at least investigate what's arriving at the other end.

tweak'e
28-11-2005, 01:37 PM
one thing to remeber is a lot of buisnesses and those of us on crap connections automaticly strip out most of the html crap ie all the nice smilies that the program puts in gets removed so its pointless putting it in in the first place.

also know to cause havoc with your system.
one program to avoid, exspecially as there are far better email progs advailable.

Metla
28-11-2005, 01:51 PM
Just one other thing as buisnesses have been mentioned, I have had a number of people and come to me and complain after being blacklisted for sending mail to suppliers and whatnot via Incredimail.

Seems to be a big issue for dog breeders......

Prescott
28-11-2005, 02:21 PM
thunderbird is the way to go, get it here (http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/)

bartsdadhomer
28-11-2005, 03:04 PM
I have heard conflicting reports about how it can upset your computer..please can i have other users advice regarding this program. thanks...
Load of tripe that will cause no end of problems and pssss most recipients off real quick.
I fry anything that comes in produced with incredimail, don't care what it is or who it's from.
Avoid.

mikebartnz
28-11-2005, 06:19 PM
Wouldn't touch it with a forty foot barge pole.