PDA

View Full Version : Editing sound in a home video

lazydog
24-11-2005, 04:22 PM
I'm putting together a home video.
I used a Hi8 camcorder and captured thru a leadTec TV2000 deluxe tv card.
The video was capured thru virtual dub using the huffy codec and the audio was captured in PCM format.
I'm editing it in Ulead Media Studio Pro 7.

Problem is the camcorder sound is in mono and theres quite abit of hiss coming thru on playback in the preview monitor. I was wondering if theres any filters that i could use to remove the hiss.

Programs i have available are; Adobe premiere pro, Ulead media studio pro 7, Cool edit pro and virtualdub.

Any idea if theres a filter i could use or some way of minimising the hiss sound?

Thanks, Brian.

Speedy Gonzales
24-11-2005, 04:27 PM
You could have used the program that came with the tuner, to record the video/sound from the camcorder.

And saved it as Mpeg 2.

Then burned it to dvd with Nero/Nerovision, or Movie Maker, if u have XP.

lazydog
24-11-2005, 04:49 PM
Hi speedy,

Yeah, nah, its a short movie that i'm making with the kids. Thats why i'm editing it. It's got titles, sound tracks, effects etc. It's just the crap mono sound is abit hissy and thought i'd try and clear it up abit.

paulw
24-11-2005, 04:51 PM
Tried using the MSPO7 capture module??

lazydog
24-11-2005, 05:33 PM
Yep, i use that sometimes to capture as well as virtualdub.

Theres filters in MSP7 and virtualdub for audio but are unsure of which one is the one i need, if theres one that can do that sort of thing.

Graham L
24-11-2005, 06:13 PM
Look for the programmes used for cleaning up the sound from records. I'm sure PC World has had some on their cover CDs (if so, they would be on the web site). We've had a fair few threads here about Vinyl-->CD.

lazydog
24-11-2005, 06:16 PM
Look for the programmes used for cleaning up the sound from records. I'm sure PC World has had some on their cover CDs (if so, they would be on the web site). We've had a fair few threads here about Vinyl-->CD.

Good idea, thanks. Will have a search now.