PDA

View Full Version : Flash won't run greeting card

Billy T
21-11-2005, 09:27 AM
Hi Team

I have been sent a eCard from MSN.AmericanGreetings.com but it won't run on my main computer (PIII 550, W2KPro). It will run on Old faithful (P166 W98) but the old girl is too slow to run the animations.

I have updated flash, in fact I uninstalled the old version and reinstalled just to make sure, and the Macromedia animation runs to confirm successful installation.

I can also run other flash files (I assume that anything with a *.swf suffix runs in flash) so what's the deal with the cards? Is there a security factor here that I need to look at?

Alternatively, what's the chances I could extract the actual animation file and play it without the rest of the eCard, or is it just one integrated file?

Cheers

Billy 8-{) :confused:

Jen
21-11-2005, 05:22 PM
Hi Billy

If memory serves me correctly, didn't you have the same problem some time ago with viewing a flash greeting card? I think you managed to resolve the problem back then so it may be worthwhile to do a search. :)

Billy T
21-11-2005, 09:20 PM
Great memory Jen!

Yes I did post on this problem, but sadly it was never resolved. It was at Christmas 2004 I think, with cards from overseas rellies, and I gave up trying and emailed them to my laptop where they went just fine.

That computer runs W2K and the same security settings as the PIII and flash is just fine.:(

We didn't get any more eCards after that so I just gave up. It bugs me though, and I want to find a fix if I can.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)