PDA

View Full Version : Resource.dll

music_man
18-11-2005, 04:36 PM
Hi

Goodness my computer is having a tough time. I have posted loads of questions here. Thanks to you all who have answered.

Now I am getting this blasted resource.dll error when I right click on the hard drive and windows xplorer keeps crashing. This has only started since I installed all the updates.

Windows is really driving me crazy now. Why won't it just work?

Speedy Gonzales
18-11-2005, 04:51 PM
Format the damn thing!

I dont think resource.dll is part of Windows, well XP anyway.

music_man
18-11-2005, 05:01 PM
Hi

Good idea. It's not quite as easy as that though. I have a whole load of Quick restore things. Like

Compaq System Recovery CD Disk 1
Compaq System Recovery CD Disk 2
Compaq System Recovery CD Disk 3
Compaq Evo Documentation Library CD
Compaq Resore Plus!
Compaq operating CD

I also have

Disk 1 & 2 of Quick Restore for model 5000 and Supplemental Quickrestore

The CD's look different and I don't know which I use with one another.

I also have a whole load of Data on this computer - like Gb's of it. What to do?

I found out the resources thing was an iomega thing.

Speedy Gonzales
18-11-2005, 05:09 PM
umm, there might be a command in the startup thats screwing that up.

Use or get ccleaner, and then go to tools/startup. See if anything is pointing to a dead folder, or that Iomega folder, which is no longer there.

music_man
18-11-2005, 05:13 PM
The problem is that it still "is" there. The iomega backup application goes halfway thogh preparing to uninstall and then closes. I can't find the iomega backup setup file to run it and delete it.

Speedy Gonzales
18-11-2005, 05:46 PM
How was this Iomega drive connected? Externally? Internally?

Send Iomega an email. Ask them how to remove it!

stu161204
18-11-2005, 06:25 PM
I also have a whole load of Data on this computer - like Gb's of it. What to do?.

Do you have a CD/DVD burner? Or another computer?

Renmoo
18-11-2005, 09:14 PM
First thing first. What had you did recently to cause a big magnitude change towards your computer, music man? Did you install a driver, software, patches, fixes etc.? Have you tried performing a system restore? Have you attempted to flush out virus, spyware etc. using utilities? Have you tried reinstalling the driver for the hard drive(s) (I think this is a dumb statement, actually :rolleyes: )

Cheers :)

Prescott
18-11-2005, 09:48 PM
Donít bother with that in this situation, james.

Itís pretty clear that this system needs a format, it is continually missing important system files.

Renmoo
18-11-2005, 10:10 PM
Donít bother with that in this situation, james.

Itís pretty clear that this system needs a format, it is continually missing important system files.
Yeah, but the thing is that he doesn't want to format his computer. :groan: If I were him I would format the HDD. Windows... meh

Cheers :)