PDA

View Full Version : How do i do this?

d00zer
17-11-2005, 05:52 PM
How do i copy text from a site which doesnt allow me to?

I cannot seem to highlight the text. I really do need to print it out as the material is really important to me.

Print screen suks....

Jen
17-11-2005, 06:05 PM
Why doesn't the site allow you to print out the page? It is copyrighted material? In which case, it has been protected for a reason ...

Renmoo
17-11-2005, 06:31 PM
1) View > Source (code)
2) Ctrl + A, Ctrl + V at some notepad etc.

Cheers :)

P.S. Delete this post if you feel that this has breach any code etc, Moderator.

Metla
17-11-2005, 06:58 PM
How have they protected their content?, if its an image then not a lot you can do.

If they have disabled the left click, install proximitron and enable force left click....

tweak'e
17-11-2005, 07:05 PM
let me guess........your useing internet explorer ??

use a decent browser that dosn't let websites control functions of the browser. ie firefox or opera.

Scouse
17-11-2005, 07:13 PM
Care to share the site so that we can try?

d00zer
17-11-2005, 08:01 PM
Hi all thanks for all your suggestions.
The site is a paid subscription. I paid for the feeds. I would like to print it out and read it in the bus etc.. I do not intend to use it for other purposes.
Does not seem to have a sign which says its copyrighted. I think it just prevent other News feeds from copying its material.

Site can only be viewed via IE.
Cant right click at all, so cant view source code

Hey Metla, how would u install proximitron and install force left click?
Cheers

Renmoo
17-11-2005, 09:04 PM
What kind of lame website is that if it is only viewable via Internet Explorer (unless it is an ardent fan of Microsoft product and is completely anti of others? :rolleyes: )? Can you please tell to us the URL of the website so that we can determine whether the material inside it is copyrighted or not? Can't view source code? Go to View, then Source. If I were you, I would download the copyrighted webpage and dissect and take out all its material via either Frontpage or other programs etc. :lol:

d00zer
18-11-2005, 09:59 AM
Love to tell you the site but i cant. Wouldnt like getting into trouble lol.
There is no file, view or tool options at the top. Its just like a pop up.
Once u logged in, the material just pop ups like a popup.

How to download the material lol?

Lizard
18-11-2005, 10:29 AM
1. Place monitor on photocopier
2. Press copy

;)

Don't laugh too hard though, a guy here at work admitted that's what he did when he first came up against a computer in the workplace many moons ago...

Scouse
18-11-2005, 10:41 AM
Check to see if Snagit has a free trial. I use it all the time for such problems. Make sure that you press F11 before use to give you max screen to copy.
If you just want to read without modifying, why not try a simple PrintScreen of each page.

Renmoo
18-11-2005, 10:42 AM
d00zer, have you tried contacting the website's web adminstrator for proper instruction on downloading the copyrighted material? If the webmaster choose not to let ordinary folks download it or if you download it is an illegal activity, I am afraid we can't help you much here. Before you click the link to activate the popup, could you tell us what does the link says (i.e. javascript.open(xxx.htm))? If it is a .htm or .html file, then you can certainly download it. Post back your finding and instruction will be given to you.