PDA

View Full Version : iTrip frequency management

Lizard
13-11-2005, 03:32 PM
Hi everyone,

Have just acquired my iTrip, and very happy with it, but was just wondering if anyone had any brilliant ideas for managing the billion or so frequencies it loads onto the iPod? Problem is, I quite often just "Shuffle Songs" from the main menu, which includes all those various frequencies. I know I can delete the ones I don't need, but I'm still experimenting to find the best frequency, and want to have all the options. And anyway, when I eventually settle on just a few, they will still be visible as a "song". Is there anyway to "hide" the frequency from the main song list?

Cheers

Lizard

Lizard
14-11-2005, 09:42 AM
It seems odd to be replying to my own message, but I reckon there may be others that may be interested in the answer.

After looking more closley at Griffin's FAQ on the iTrip, it seems that version 5 of iTunes (and higher) have a feature that allows you to skip a song when it's in shuffle mode. Just edit the station's properties under "Get Info", and check the box to skip the song.

Lizard

Ron_A
09-12-2005, 11:31 AM
Best way would be to create a playlist in Itunes with JUST the frequencies you want to use. Then copy this as a playlist to your IPod.
Makes it easy to swap frequencies without scrolling through the "billions" downloaded from Griffin Technology. After this you can dispense with the full downloaded list on your IPod.

As an aside - do you know where to find a list of UNUSED FM frequencies in the Wellington area?

Ron