PDA

View Full Version : Email Jam

Absolom
09-11-2005, 08:53 AM
Hello Folks!

First time on F1 and I'm really hoping that someone can help me out. I started receiving what must be a whopper of an email last night. It is now about eleven hours later and it still sitting at only 4%. The nuisance of a thing is blocking both the sending and receiving of any other emails :angry .

I'm sure I'm not the first to experience this particular problem, so, any advice and guidance would be tremendously appreciated.

Absolom

Safari
09-11-2005, 09:03 AM
This is quite common when people send digital camera photo's without resizing them.
Call your ISP and get them to delete the message or go to your ISP website and login to your webmail system there and you will be able to delete it yourself.

Speedy Gonzales
09-11-2005, 09:04 AM
Welcome Ab.

If you're in NZ, with Ihug for example, log into their homepage, (enter your username / password under webmail, and check/delete the email thru here.

This is another way of removing email that takes ages in OE, or Outlook etc.

Billy T
09-11-2005, 09:09 AM
Another quick and easy way is to download Mailwasher and delete it direct from the server. The advantage of this route is that you can then screen all future mail and prevent it happening again.

If you don't know who was sending the monster, you can view the header in Mailwasher to get their email address then send a message asking them not to do it again, or advising how to avoid the problem if it is an oversized image.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

Absolom
09-11-2005, 09:40 AM
Thanks Folks!

You were all of tremendous help. I've learned alot from this one particular incident.

I went to my ISP site and deleted the 'monster', identified who sent it, and sent them an email politely asking them to refrain from sending emails of that size again.

Again, abundant thanks.

Billy T
09-11-2005, 09:50 AM
One last suggestion, if this happens again, or to anybody who can't delete via their ISP for any reason, just disconnect from your ISP then log on again. Provided you don't initiate an email download you are then free to send emails or whatever before you tackle deletion of the monster via Mailwasher or other preferred solution.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)