PDA

View Full Version : KM3M-V mother board still won't run -Help

Andrebatako
08-11-2005, 07:11 AM
Hi
I pulled the board out as suggested and run it. The outcome was the same.

Press the switch ON, evrything spins for 15-20 seconds and goes off. to restart the system I have to unplug the power cable from the sucket as before. I tried several times - same result.

Does anyone have another solution?

regards,

Andre

drcspy
08-11-2005, 08:14 AM
PLEASE dont open several threads on the same subject it'll just confuse people who are trying to help you .........have you checked he manual because I recall one mobo I had which needed a jumper changin in order for it to recognise the athlon cpu's rather than the semprons, (or something like that cant quite remember the detail) what I DO remember is that it woulnd't run until i had changed that 'cpu recognition' jumper.........

Andrebatako
09-11-2005, 01:46 AM
Sorry for the new thread, I didn't know that. this is my first time to use this system and I thought I was replying to myself.

the manual actually says that the mother board supports AMD Athlon/Athlon XP/ Duron. from 1100MHz up to 300+ @266/333MHz.
nothing is mentioned about the jumpers.

I have 2 x 512 MB memory and I tried them one each time same result.

just don't wonna give up.

Any idea?

thanks

drcspy
09-11-2005, 06:15 AM
ok you need to do a process of eliminationn theres most likely no other way.......you'll need to swap the cpu for a different one, (known good one), then perhaps swap the hard drive, then the powersupply, in fact i'd start with the psu first i think........process of elimination.......if after swapping all those things out it still does it's little shutdown trick then it could be a bad mobo.....