PDA

View Full Version : Surf Accuracy

Naruto28
07-11-2005, 07:56 PM
Can someone help plz. I have got this Surf Accuracy and now I just used add and remove programs to get rid of it coz I heard it was bad. Im not sure if Ive done the rite thing.

Also when I started my PC, all this 'Choose Program' (U no when U open a file and it says Choose Program) Kept popping up. I dont no y. Also my Desktop Firewall has gone missing from the Taskbar. :annoyed: And yh, I got Win ME.

Someone plz help me :o

Speedy Gonzales
07-11-2005, 08:11 PM
Use MS Antispy or Adaware, or Spywareblaster.

See if these entries are in Add/remove programs

Troj/Drsmartl-A is a downloader Trojan which will download, install and run new software without notification that it is doing so.

Troj/Drsmartl-A will typically be installed with the filename drsmartload.exe. A file named drsmartload.dat is created in the Windows folder and the following registry entry is created:

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\drsmartload

Troj/Drsmartl-A typically installs advertising software.

Some of the software installed by Troj/Drsmartl-A provide an uninstall option that can be accessed via the Add or Remove Programs dialog in the Windows Control Panel. For example, Troj/Drsmartl-A may install software which will be listed in the Add or Remove Programs software list as follows:

"UCmore - The Search Accelerator"
"Command"
"Internet Optimizer"
"ISTsvc"
"Power Scan"
"Surf Accuracy"
"SideFind"
"TSA"
"YourSiteBar"

Naruto28
08-11-2005, 05:38 AM
So If I uninstall Surf Accuracy is it alright? I mean...Uninstall with the add/Remove program option. Thnx Btw.

Speedy Gonzales
08-11-2005, 06:50 AM
Well it may or may not.

Just uninstall whatever programs are are in add/remove that I posted.

If it doesnt, as I said use one of those 3 programs, or use ewido.

http://www.ewido.com