PDA

View Full Version : Apache - Perl; Java problems

CorbinH
07-11-2005, 01:22 PM
Well, I have two problems. I would like to put YaBB on my website that i host my self, but I cant figure out how to install perl... Im running win xp pro with apache

My second problem is something to do with java. When ever i run a java file through cmd it says

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: filename

like if i typed java file it would say

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: file

someone has told me it has to do with my environmental variables so i will post them:

name:CLASSPATH value: C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_05\lib\ext\QTJava.zip

name:Path value:C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_05\bin;%SYSTEMROOT%\SYSTEM32;% SYSTEMROOT%;%SYSTEMROOT%\SYSTEM32\WBEM;C:\PROGRAM FILES\ATI TECHNOLOGIES\ATI CONTROL PANEL;C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTSystem\;

i have java installed to c:\program files\java and then theres 2 folders there jdk1.5.0_05 and jre1.5.0_05

can someone please help me with either of these little problems?

Jen
10-11-2005, 08:30 PM
Well, I have two problems. I would like to put YaBB on my website that i host my self, but I cant figure out how to install perl... Im running win xp pro with apacheHave a read of this article and see if it helps - Configuring and Using the Apache HTTP Web Server on a Windows XP PC (http://www.devshed.com/c/a/Apache/Configuring-and-Using-the-Apache-HTTP-Web-Server-on-a-Windows-XP-PC/)

Kame
12-11-2005, 12:32 AM
You'll be better off installing XAMPP from www.xampp.org which is Apache, MySQL, PHP and Perl all in one package, saves you most of the hassle configuring it yourself. Also includes an accelerator to compress your webpages, and make them load faster for your clients, FTP server, and server statistic software.

However if you do go down configuring it yourself, then you need to install ActivePerl which you can get from www.ActivePerl.com, go for the latest one available to you.

Cheers,

KK