PDA

View Full Version : Music problem: Why is Microsoft so " "

Eric Richards
06-11-2005, 08:04 AM
About the subject line my mother kept telling me "if you can't say anything nice don't say it at all" well I left my thoughts blank.

Anyway, Once upon a time in the good old days early this year, I found I could go to Amazon web site and listen to the beginning to a music CD track a sort of a try before you buy.

Then not long latter (maybe days or weeks) I put a music CD into my computer CD-ROM drive, "Realone player" offered to store the tracks on the hard drive, I thought this was neat I could sit at my computer and listen to my music CD without having to swap CD's around all the time, but thats not all, you could make you own play list instead of playing the entire content of the CD so if you don't like one track you could knock it off the list and just play the tracks you like,

Then one thing lead to another and one day I decided to insert another music CD because I was beginning to memorize the tracks off by hart I had played it so offen, then "Microsoft Media player" pooped up instead of "Realone player" making it hard to save on hard drive, I only way I could think to remedy that problem was to uninstall "Microsoft Media player" and that fixed that problem, now I have extra music on my hard drive to listen too,

But now I go to Amazon site and can not get any more sample music to listen too, after I reinstalled "Microsoft Media player" I know this is a bit cheeky last time I liked the CD I got it from "Realgrovey" in Auckland city, instead of Amazon but I have brought a few things off Amazon.

And I beat next time I put a music CD into my CD-ROM drive I will say "#$~&"

Mr Wetzyl
06-11-2005, 08:22 AM
I hate WMP....My Winamp pro is worth every cent...plus I can rip cds or burn cds now using winamp pro...

Myth
06-11-2005, 08:33 AM
I would just reinstall Windows Media Player, but set realone as your default. Im not familiar with realone, but somewhere there should be a setting to set it as the default player.

There are a few sites that ask for media player to play song excerpts etc. Probably because WMP is the most used player, so they make the song/excerpt a WMP format.